Tegaderm/Saniderm/Tatuderm healing process

Bigboy67

On 12/23/2020 at 8:17 PM, cheesecakecatastrophe said:

Yeah, that’s a good point. Because my skin is sensitive and a bit reactive, I do sometimes find Bepanthen irritating and dermatitis-triggering. Given that the area is looking way better and less red today, I’m tempted to switch over to coconut oil or a gentle lotion. I’ve wanted to try Hustle Butter for ages, but the tattoo artists I’ve been going to tend not to stock it. 

Hi @cheesecakecatastrophe; so how is it doing now?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I am in the process of getting a "Lord of the Rings" sleeve. My tattoo artist put tegaderm over my tattoo and told me to leave it on for 6 days. I have had it on for 4 and a half days now. There is about half an inch of plasma built up under the tegaderm, but it has not seeped out whatsoever. I'm very pleased so far.  He said, after I take it off, the tattoo will peel like a sunburn, instead of completely scabbing over. The whole point, is to let the plasma sit under there to keep the tattoo wet, so it doesn't scab over. Just be careful not to puncture the tegaderm.