Bigboy67

Tegaderm/Saniderm/Tatuderm healing process

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Ciel said:

Has anyone else had issues with their skin forming red skin at the edges of where their derm product laid when stuck onto the skin?

I just took off my dermalize pro, and I can dark red skin around the edges... I think it was where the skin was being tugged, since the shape of my back constantly enlarges and shrinks as I move.

I also think it's this, because the internal areas (tattood areas, as well as the bare skin around the line work) isn't red.

Anyone come across this?

It should go away. It may tske a bit, or not long at all. Probably just where it was tugging. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elbow creasehas been annoying I keep getting acne under the tega (I'm always prone to acne there). So it pops and I have to change the tega. Today is day 5. I' About to just take this one off and leave it be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, joycevanl said:

Hiii - I just removed my SecondSkin (like saniderm etc.) and it has left a lot of sticky residue on and around my tattoo. Has anyone else experienced this? Any tips to get it off? Or should I just leave it? 

 

1 hour ago, Gingerninja said:

I have not, @joycevanl. Have you checked their website? 

I have never had that with Saniderm either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'e only used Tegaderm I bought a roll of saniderm for my elbow piece. I took the first piece off after 24 hrs and replaced. I noticed it's not leaking much plasma after the first 24. I saw sanidem says you can put lotion (i have aveno and hustle buttr) on the tattoo before you derm it to keep it from sticking . Anyone else do this? I haven't ever done it that way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2017 at 10:27 PM, Jkeith said:

I'e only used Tegaderm I bought a roll of saniderm for my elbow piece. I took the first piece off after 24 hrs and replaced. I noticed it's not leaking much plasma after the first 24. I saw sanidem says you can put lotion (i have aveno and hustle buttr) on the tattoo before you derm it to keep it from sticking . Anyone else do this? I haven't ever done it that way. 

I would be more concerned if it wouldn't stick to be honest. After my penultimate session I applied the stuff and it was the first time I had extensive machine shading AND a leak while using 'derm. A ludicrous amount of liquid matter was seeping out of my chest, shoulder and arm and it started escaping from the edges. So my opinion is, make sure it sticks and it is sealed.

I used Tatuderm and they don't mention using a moisturiser before the second application so who knows... On the other hand, if the Saniderm manufacturer says you should moisturise it, though go ahead. They know their product better than some random bloke on the internet (me).

Edited by piccalilli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, piccalilli said:

I would be more concerned if it wouldn't stick to be honest. After my penultimate session I applied the stuff and it was the first time I had extensive machine shading AND a leak while using 'derm. A ludicrous amount of liquid matter was seeping out of my chest, shoulder and arm and it started escaping from the edges. So my opinion is, make sure it sticks and it is sealed.

I used Tatuderm and they don't mention using a moisturiser before the second application so who knows... On the other hand, if the Saniderm manufacturer says you should moisturise it, though go ahead. They know their product better than some random bloke on the internet (me).

I have used saniderm on many tattoos, and I have found that waiting 24 hours before putting it on works best, and I have used it on both knees with great success.

in that first 24 hours I just use saran loose and cocoa butter and washing hard with the palm of my hand every 3 or 4 hours with a good anti-microbial soap and then applying the saniderm to clean dry skin will last the 4 or 5 days I like without any liquid buildup under it at all, and it stays stuck perfectly.

Edited by Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3rd time using sandierm,

1st  time on my leg...got alot of pimples on and around the tattoo. IT started being red on the outisde of the tattoo. 

2nd time I used sandierm... not much of a issues it worked alot better this was on my outside of my arm. Did notice a odor.

3rd time, it came off pretty quick, not sure if I didn't let my arm dry enough after I took a shower,  I use a blow dryer on cool to dry the tattoo. Went jogging and it was peeling off. So next day went and got a new piece of saniderm. Odor is back.. and redness around parts of the tattoo. Another friend of mind who is a tattoo artist says it gets "gross" after a few days... and that I am seeing lol. 

Good thing about sandierm is not getting your bed sheets and clothes full of lnk. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm new here... hi guys

I recently got a tattoo on my forearm and I applied Saniderm but some of it went on an existing tattoo (fully healed) will the saniderm damage my healed tattoo?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Johnblaze26 said:

So I'm new here... hi guys

I recently got a tattoo on my forearm and I applied Saniderm but some of it went on an existing tattoo (fully healed) will the saniderm damage my healed tattoo?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
 

not at all.

I have used Saniderm on many tattoos and most of them overlapped on other healed tattoos,never an issue,a properly applied fully healed tattoo is pretty tough and will hold up.

Edited by Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2018 at 9:22 AM, T_MONEY_TX said:

3rd time using sandierm,

1st  time on my leg...got alot of pimples on and around the tattoo. IT started being red on the outisde of the tattoo. 

2nd time I used sandierm... not much of a issues it worked alot better this was on my outside of my arm. Did notice a odor.

3rd time, it came off pretty quick, not sure if I didn't let my arm dry enough after I took a shower,  I use a blow dryer on cool to dry the tattoo. Went jogging and it was peeling off. So next day went and got a new piece of saniderm. Odor is back.. and redness around parts of the tattoo. Another friend of mind who is a tattoo artist says it gets "gross" after a few days... and that I am seeing lol. 

Good thing about sandierm is not getting your bed sheets and clothes full of lnk. 

 

I use Saniderm a lot,the red for me is around the edge of the saniderm because it's irritating and pulling the skin causing the redness,it goes away and it's normal IMO.

but I have never had an odor associated with using saniderm ,ever.

and yes,you need to use a good anti-microbial soap to get the skin oils off your skin and make sure it's really really dry by using clean paper towels.works for me just fine,I have never had a saniderm piece come off or peel at all.

also the trick is to wait for 24 hours after getting the tattoo applied before putting on the saniderm,this ensures that there is no more fluids oozing out of the tattoo.for that first 24 hours I wash the tattoo every 3 or 4 hours  with warm water and anti-microbial soap,always pat dry with clean paper towels,and after each washing in that first 24hrs I apply a very light coat of Palmers Cocoa Butter and a sheet of saran wrap.THEN after all that and hours I apply the saniderm for about 5 or 6 days and it works perfect.It also helps to shave the area surrounding the saniderm patch,hairless skin will hold the saniderm better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
not at all.
I have used Saniderm on many tattoos and most of them overlapped on other healed tattoos,never an issue,a properly applied fully healed tattoo is pretty tough and will hold up.
Thank you for your help

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Johnblaze26 said:

I just took my second piece of saniderm off after 6 days.. my tattoo is in the peeling stage can I put another piece on? Or just use lotion

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
 

don't put anymore saniderm on, just use something like Aveeno now, lightly a couple times  a day.

pretty easy heal !?!?!? I love that shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had my right knee done 6 days ago and decided to try dermalize since it's a tricky place to heal. Artist applied cling film and I went off and did a few things and got home about 4 hours later, showered and gave the knee a thorough wash and wrapped with a few peices of dermalize with the help of my hubby.

First night went well, my knee swelled like a bitch and a lot of plasma accumulated and I sprung a leak by morning so I had to wash and rewrap, but it was surprisingly comfortable to sleep on and way less sensitive than my previous experiences.

By end of day 1 post tattoo I noticed I did a shoddy job of rewrapping and didn't overlap enough, so had broken the seal right where 2 peices joined, so washed it up and rewrapped again - a lot more carefully.

Left the dermalize on for the next few days and went about my business, not having to baby the area and not having to wash, dry etc was fantastic - set and forget, no worries about kids dirty fingers and pets dirty paws, no irritation from rubbing and clothes sticking.

I could bend my knee and straighten it and the seal stayed intact. Only drawback is I got a little 'rash' on the perimeters of the dermalize - I'm guessing due to pulling of the skin, a little itchy and raised but not too bad.

After 6 days the knee looked like a weird prune due to the dermalize stretching during my initial swelling and then crinkled as the knee shrunk. Started noticing little hairline cracks in the tattoo under the wrap. Took the wrap off in the shower and it looks healed, still a little peeling to go but no scabs and it looks amazing for being so fresh.

I had a small tattoo done 3 weeks prior with just black line work on my shin and my knee already looks better - I always tend to scab a little and take a long time to heal. It was so easy and fuss free, I'm never going back to the traditional way of healing again. ddb7bd2aaaf789a2f5c211a78669a35b.jpga182407fce67ddf55d99e041bc891edd.jpge2cfd34f17df82bbf177f6e35242d5a8.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gpots said:

Had my right knee done 6 days ago and decided to try dermalize since it's a tricky place to heal. Artist applied cling film and I went off and did a few things and got home about 4 hours later, showered and gave the knee a thorough wash and wrapped with a few peices of dermalize with the help of my hubby.

First night went well, my knee swelled like a bitch and a lot of plasma accumulated and I sprung a leak by morning so I had to wash and rewrap, but it was surprisingly comfortable to sleep on and way less sensitive than my previous experiences.

By end of day 1 post tattoo I noticed I did a shoddy job of rewrapping and didn't overlap enough, so had broken the seal right where 2 peices joined, so washed it up and rewrapped again - a lot more carefully.

Left the dermalize on for the next few days and went about my business, not having to baby the area and not having to wash, dry etc was fantastic - set and forget, no worries about kids dirty fingers and pets dirty paws, no irritation from rubbing and clothes sticking.

I could bend my knee and straighten it and the seal stayed intact. Only drawback is I got a little 'rash' on the perimeters of the dermalize - I'm guessing due to pulling of the skin, a little itchy and raised but not too bad.

After 6 days the knee looked like a weird prune due to the dermalize stretching during my initial swelling and then crinkled as the knee shrunk. Started noticing little hairline cracks in the tattoo under the wrap. Took the wrap off in the shower and it looks healed, still a little peeling to go but no scabs and it looks amazing for being so fresh.

I had a small tattoo done 3 weeks prior with just black line work on my shin and my knee already looks better - I always tend to scab a little and take a long time to heal. It was so easy and fuss free, I'm never going back to the traditional way of healing again.

looks great ! I love the dermal film,I use Saniderm,and yes I get the wrinkly thing too,

if I have to overlap it I overlap by a couple inches,but I really don't have to much,

Saniderm comes in a 2 yard x 10.2 inch roll for $16.95.

nice knee piece btw. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's hard to tell. It should my tattoo be peeling this way after using saniderm it looks like the outer skin is peeling and not the tattoo its self96101ce3cc30327e795e3555f13d5a6c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Johnblaze26 said:

I know it's hard to tell. It should my tattoo be peeling this way after using saniderm it looks like the outer skin is peeling and not the tattoo its self

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
 

yep ! sounds & looks totally normal to me, peeling lightly like that is a normal part of the healing process, like I said, put some aveeno on it lightly a couple times a day,

enjoy your new tattoo and start planning your next one !

Edited by Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yep ! sounds & looks totally normal to me, peeling lightly like that is a normal part of the healing process, like I said, put some aveeno on it lightly a couple times a day,
enjoy your new tattoo and start planning your next one !
Thanks again for the help I was panicking over here lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Hello guys I’m new here and have been reading all the pages and thought maybe someone could help! I’ve used saniderm multiple times and this is the first time anything like this has happened. Every other time I’ve used it it’s worked great. I got the first wrap applied right after the tattoo and got a new one in the second day after cleaning it. This is the third day and I notice there is a lot of plasma and redness underneath it. I message my artist and he tells me to take it it off and wash it. Then where the plasma had collected this rash developed and it’s pretty painful. Has anyone else had this problem or anything similar? Also there is a white cast that bled over the side that didn’t come off after washing. I’m pretty concerned and hope it doesn’t get infected 🙃 thanks I’m advance for any help!

the first two pictures shows where the plasma collected and the rash under. 

The last two show it after it’s been taken off and washed 

5725E164-829A-4C96-B9E3-7DC5CCB3C3C6.jpeg

808973C4-DED8-452A-ABF5-FF5F1863EEED.jpeg

B9E2D129-00E6-43AD-A3C2-CBE27051B386.jpeg

F58CE4B6-19EB-4931-A53C-75874356F591.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recent Posts

    • A lot of people walk in to shops with different kinds of baggage relating to their body. Some people are conscious about scars, some don’t want a little fat showing when getting tattooed, some are self-conscious about their skin color and others are feel that they’re too skinny, among other things. You may find that going to an artist to have an area on your body that you feel vulnerable about worked on may boost your self-confidence. It may, and probably will, change your perspective on that body part. Artists have seen an array of people with a variety of vulnerabilities and issues. Many have “seen it all”, as they saying goes. I have personally had scars tattooed over, on my chest. They are from surgeries due to skin cancer, and I had always felt self-conscious of them since I got them, For me, it was important that my scars were camouflaged within the tattoo. My artist did just that, and now it’s a part of my body that I absolutely LOVE showing off. What’s the worst that can happen from going and chatting with someone? You may end up with a piece that you can’t wait to show off, or you may decide to not go through with it. At the very least, you can express your fears and desires to someone, which could hopefully lead to some healing.
    • They probably have something they put up for tattooing "exposed areas" that would require taking off an uncomfortable amount of clothing - most often drapes or a movable screen. A whole lot of the tattoo community is SUPER non-judgmental. I don't think you're going to run into an actual problem. You're in your head about it. The tattoo is going to be cool, and you're going to have a good time getting it and maybe some day you'll enjoy taking your shirt off!
    • looks fine but it's too early to tell
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

  • Instagram #LastSparrow

  • Recent Topics