Bigboy67

Tegaderm/Saniderm/Tatuderm healing process

34 minutes ago, michi0709 said:

Before getting my second tattoo, I searched all over the internet about healing with saniderm.  My first tattoo was traditional healing, which was a pain.  This is my healing experience (with pics) of the second tattoo  I healed using saniderm (cover up of tattoo #1).

Tattoo artist placed the saniderm within minutes of finishing up the tattoo.  It's on my lower back, so I wore yoga pants.  Day 2 and 3 I wore dresses.  By day 4 I was wearing jeans.

Kept the original saniderm on for 5 days.  No changing after one day.  It was August in Texas, which means hot and sweaty.  No issues having the saniderm stick. 

Removed in the shower by myself (a little tricky) on day 5.  Washed with non-scented /sensitive soap.  Dried with paper towel.  Applied hustle butter after removing Saniderm (small amount twice a day).

Very minimal itching and pealing.

This collage shows what it looks like on Day 1, 4 , 5 (immediately after removing) 6 (morning after removal), and 8 (showing a little of the pealing). 

This is what it looks like  healed, about three months after it was done.

I love Saniderm and wouldn't go back to traditional healing.  It's just so convenient. Hope this helps someone else!

yep ! that's why I love that stuff !

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone is applying a small amount of ointment on the tattoo before putting saniderm on for the 2nd application (12-24 hours after tattoo session)? This will be my first time using saniderm for a tatoo and I was going to come home and take off the bandage the shop puts on after their recommended time, clean the tattoo, apply a very small amount of tattoo gloo salve and then apply the saniderm for 5 days. 

Edited by mad6

1 hour ago, mad6 said:

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone isapplying a small amount of ointment on the tattoo before putting saniderm on for the 2nd application (12-24 hours after tattoo session)? This will be my first time using saniderm for a tatoo and I was going to come home and take off the bandage the shop puts on after their recommended time, clean the tattoo, apply a very small amount of tattoo gloo slave and then apply the saniderm for 5 days. 

Do whatever your artist tells you to do.

Saniderm instructions say to clean, dry the area, and apply second bandage.  I would imagine that applying anything would not allow it to stick properly. https://saniderm.com/how-to-use/

I never change out my bandage.  Just wear it for 5 days straight.

2 hours ago, mad6 said:

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone isapplying a small amount of ointment on the tattoo before putting saniderm on for the 2nd application (12-24 hours after tattoo session)? This will be my first time using saniderm for a tatoo and I was going to come home and take off the bandage the shop puts on after their recommended time, clean the tattoo, apply a very small amount of tattoo gloo slave and then apply the saniderm for 5 days. 

don't do that,it will NOT stick to your skin,

like was said,your skin needs to be clean and dry ,

and shaved on the entire area that the saniderm will be on.

what I do is keep cocoa butter and saran on the tattoo for the first 24 hours(washing every few hours with anti-microbial soap,and pat dry with clean paper towels)

then after 24 hours I apply the saniderm to clean dry shaved skin and leave it on for 5 or 6 days.