Bigboy67

Tegaderm/Saniderm/Tatuderm healing process

Recommended Posts

Anyone have some tips for the 'derm being extra stuck to your skin?  I've tried getting in the shower, using soap, using olive oil, peeling it over itself, pulling it away from itself and pushing my skin down.  I'm lost and in pain, help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Oiocha said:

Anyone have some tips for the 'derm being extra stuck to your skin?  I've tried getting in the shower, using soap, using olive oil, peeling it over itself, pulling it away from itself and pushing my skin down.  I'm lost and in pain, help.

nope, I just pull it off !  at least you know you had it on correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys! Late to the game here lol

 

Recently got a back tattoo. Mostly black, pink, and a tad of yellow. I'll say 80% of the tattoo was done with shading needle, 27 needles. I use tatuderm, and he applied it directly after finishing the session. I left it on until the next day, 12 noon. Took it off in the shower, washed with antibacterial soap. Let it dry and applied my moisturizer. Left it out for 30 minutes. Wiped it down with a thin layer left of my moisturizer, and applied more tatuderm. Repeated this until three days. Second say left it on a full day and took it off after work. It wept intensely with plasma for those three days, tampered off slowly, Started to notice an order. I took it off and acne had appeared, bumps underneath the derm. One or two popped 🤢 

 

I had red bumps and it seemed like my skin was try when stretching, still does. The redness faded to discoloration on my own skin where the derm sat. That looks like it's super dry and peeling where it's not my tattoo. Looks like I have scars now spread out on my back. My tattoo also needs a color touch up, looks like the black bled into the pink a little. Stained it.

 

Will the discoloration that's on my skin go away? Looks like a ton of dark spots, or sunburn but not red.. idk if I'm making sense lol

 

Any advice would be awesome! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't mention how long ago the tattoo was actually done, but a fair percentage of people have skin reactions to the derm sticky - and that does go back to normal with time. 

Personally, I would not have put moisturizer (or anything else) on the tattoo and then covered that with derm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Chaotic said:

Hey guys! Late to the game here lol

 

Recently got a back tattoo. Mostly black, pink, and a tad of yellow. I'll say 80% of the tattoo was done with shading needle, 27 needles. I use tatuderm, and he applied it directly after finishing the session. I left it on until the next day, 12 noon. Took it off in the shower, washed with antibacterial soap. Let it dry and applied my moisturizer. Left it out for 30 minutes. Wiped it down with a thin layer left of my moisturizer, and applied more tatuderm. Repeated this until three days. Second say left it on a full day and took it off after work. It wept intensely with plasma for those three days, tampered off slowly, Started to notice an order. I took it off and acne had appeared, bumps underneath the derm. One or two popped 🤢 

 

I had red bumps and it seemed like my skin was try when stretching, still does. The redness faded to discoloration on my own skin where the derm sat. That looks like it's super dry and peeling where it's not my tattoo. Looks like I have scars now spread out on my back. My tattoo also needs a color touch up, looks like the black bled into the pink a little. Stained it.

 

Will the discoloration that's on my skin go away? Looks like a ton of dark spots, or sunburn but not red.. idk if I'm making sense lol

 

Any advice would be awesome! 

Were these the instructions your artist gave you?  Because according to the manufacturer you're not supposed to put anything under the derm.

My sister had a rash with the saniderm, just at the edges.  After about two weeks it went back to normal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, michi0709 said:

Were these the instructions your artist gave you?  Because according to the manufacturer you're not supposed to put anything under the derm.

My sister had a rash with the saniderm, just at the edges.  After about two weeks it went back to normal.  

The adhesive causes rashes on me, too. It always goes away.

Also, definitely don't put anything under the saniderm. That is contrary to the instructions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oboogie said:

The adhesive causes rashes on me, too. It always goes away.

Also, definitely don't put anything under the saniderm. That is contrary to the instructions.

He did not give me these instructions! I'd put it on but pat it off, until you couldn't feel anything there but the skin itself wasnt completely dry. I can see this being the reason why I broke out like I did. The places I circled in my photo are the discoloration. Little dots that look like scars, it's all over my back, mostly in places that weren't tattooed at all. First time with a back piece and a large area.

20200205_162735.jpg

Edited by Chaotic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Chaotic said:

He did not give me these instructions! I'd put it on but pat it off, until you couldn't feel anything there but the skin itself wasnt completely dry. I can see this being the reason why I broke out like I did. The places I circled in my photo are the discoloration. Little dots that look like scars, it's all over my back, mostly in places that weren't tattooed at all. First time with a back piece and a large area.

20200205_162735.jpg

I imagine it will go away. It's probably just the adhesive and the lotion you trapped under there (even if just a little).

Edited by oboogie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys! I've used tegaderm on my last few tattoos and just got one done on my inner bicep/armpit. After one day I noticed the derm has lifted a bit off a tattooed area in my armpit. It was still covered by the derm, but it was very noticeably loose and floppy. I'm at work so I quickly covered it and taped it up to get it to stick again, but I'm unsure what to do now. Should I replace the whole dressing? Or just apply more to get it to securely stick again when I get home? I really don't want it to get infected, but I also don't want to F*** with the tegaderm healing process...

 

Also, I had the derm wrapping around my arm into my shoulder so it would be secure, but I appear to have gotten some tension blisters from having the ends in such a high movement area...

Edited by DDar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DDar said:

Hey guys! I've used tegaderm on my last few tattoos and just got one done on my inner bicep/armpit. After one day I noticed the derm has lifted a bit off a tattooed area in my armpit. It was still covered by the derm, but it was very noticeably loose and floppy. I'm at work so I quickly covered it and taped it up to get it to stick again, but I'm unsure what to do now. Should I replace the whole dressing? Or just apply more to get it to securely stick again when I get home? I really don't want it to get infected, but I also don't want to F*** with the tegaderm healing process...

 

Also, I had the derm wrapping around my arm into my shoulder so it would be secure, but I appear to have gotten some tension blisters from having the ends in such a high movement area...

I'd take it off and reapply. Once the corner lifts like that on a tattooed area, I consider it breached. I never use the stuff on high movement areas. It doesn't stay put for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. I'd take it off, clean it good with anti-bacterial soap and let it dry for 30 minutes or so. Then re-apply new derm. 

You only really need to worry about infection if you get some foreign material in/on the wound area. Many, many tens of thousands (or more?) of tattoos over the ages healed just fine in the same area prior to derm even being invented. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Posts

    • sounds 100% normal.   before they are ready !?!?!???  LOL   holy shit ! let it heal ! it will be fine, mother nature made our bodies are pretty F***ing smart.   now, take a deep breath,  breath,   take a breath, now breath,  relax,trust me, it will be ok.
    • It is strarting to flake but im worried that the flakes come off prematurely when i wash it? And advice or tips on that? And when putting lotion on how can i do this without putting on too much lotion and bot taking off the flakes before their ready? 
    • so ya, if someone wants to join here and become part of the community and contribute in a positive way, then they are welcome,  but if someone comes here just looking to get help winning a contest online, then they won't get a real warm welcome here.
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

  • Topics

  • Blog Entries