My first

CZ123

post-19312-146168861012_thumb.jpg

Hello. I'm not to thrilled that my first post here is a question about my recent tattoo, but I'm concerned that it may be infected, or that I'm having a bad reaction. I've been washing with antibacterial dial soap 4 times a day, and applying a thin layer of Aquaphor after. While there is red "bricks" around the main design, these small red spots have developed around it. They don't hurt or itch, but a fairly warm to the touch. I got it done just short of 2 days ago. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I just wanted some opinions from people who aren't as new to tattoos as I am.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Looks to me like you have some bruising going on. The inside of the bicep tends to do that. If you are concerned at all, I emplore you to consult the person that did the tattoo. They will know how your tattoo and how their work heals the best. The person who did the tattoo will always be able to give you a better answer than any of us.

Looks to me like you have some bruising going on. The inside of the bicep tends to do that. If you are concerned at all, I emplore you to consult the person that did the tattoo. They will know how your tattoo and how their work heals the best. The person who did the tattoo will always be able to give you a better answer than any of us.

This is exactly what you should do. However, I had a similar reaction when I had my inner bicep done. I stopped washing it a million times a day (only in the morning and at night) and stopped putting any creams or lotions on it. I also had to change the soap I was using to the dove white bar. I've said this a few times throughout this forum, but aquaphor does not work for me as well as it does for others. As you get more tattoos, you will find what works best for you from trial and error. With that said, I would suggest laying off the aquaphor and see if it gets any better.