Bro Tats, Relationship Tattoos and good bad ideas!

I like seeing what everyone else has. I feel like there is an assumption of using really obvious symbolism, but that really doesn't seem to be the case.

very true :) and I love it when the tattoo is personalised to the couple (be them friends, relatives or lovers) and not just a generic obvious stamp of "hey we have a bond". my sisters and I almost agreed on the generic sisters in the infinity symbol, and its purely because the middle one is so fucking flaky we cant get her to agree on anything. the eldest and I have very similar tastes. glad we haven't got them yet in a way!

Another option would be that everyone gets a piece of one tattoo, so that it is only complete when you are together.

I think this is actually on one person, but you get the idea.

66t1.jpg

This is way too extreme for my taste, but shows really well what is possible.

l70d.jpg

both are not mine

^ I personally don't like the idea of a tattoo fragmented like that, I think it's kind of gimmicky. They should be able to stand on their own and be readable. How many times are you going to have your forearms awkwardly smashed together to make the complete picture? And I hate everything about Little Swastika (the guy responsible for the second pic).

• 4 weeks later...

A girl I grew up w/that I was best friends w/since Kindergarten and I got matching roses for our first tattoos when we turned 18. My bloom is purple and hers is a teal color, both in the same spots, left inside ankle, tho she has Drey written underneath it-a nickname she tried to get started but never caught on. (I was supposed to put Jay under mine but didn't)

I'd love for my husband and I to get something together, but haven't figured out what yet. I showed him a picture of a couple that had two letters on the outside of their hands so when they held hands it said LOVE, but he said w/his job he can't do that. He has my name on his inner wrist tho.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My mom and I got matching Picasso dachshund tattoos on our wrists & we also got our own version of the infinity sign which all of my siblings are also going to get in memory of our dad.

(It seems I can't post pics :-/ )

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

On my pointy finger I got hanky pankys logo , when I was working for him in his museum. On my middle finger I got the ATM (Amsterdam tattoo Museum) logo. Put on me by Bill loika on the night the museum opened and was my first visual tattoo. I am on of around 150 people who got it that night. And on the lower knuckle of the middle finger I got the logo of a tattoo shop of a friend of mine Stay Classy.

And on my left hand web I got mil Martinez jr his logo wich I got in London last September.

It's just a way to remember good times for me.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

I posted this in the latest tattoo lowdown a couple of months ago when we got them, but me and my wife @Pugilist got matching tattoos (again) in December. Chris Hold at Sacred Heart in Vancouver did them and they're from Doc Forbes flash because what else would you get as a souvenir tattoo in Vancouver? Mine is on the left, hers is on the right.

post-3821-146168864288_thumb.jpg