Traditional Tattoo Help: Devil holding woman.

eisen777

Im looking for a classic design of a devil/satan holding a woman and I am having a hard time finding it. I dont think its in one of the books I own and I cant seem to find it on-line. Anyone know who is know for creating this tattoo design or could post one here ot help me out in any way? I think its on a sailor jerry flash but other artists have done them. I am thinking about getting this tattoo sometime but want to see a few examples. Thanks

Edit: The devil is actually beind the woman I think. Its a scaley devil.

I was pretty sure I'd seen old flash of that image but I'm usually sharp on bookmarking stuff and I can't find it.

Cap. Coleman? It'd be worth having a look at George Burchett King of Tattooists too if you can manage - here

I've not seen anything of his that's this dark (in subject matter) but there are similarities between his drawings and the Ryan Cooper Thompson piece. Here:

251bde3f298c31578486099df7947a22.jpg

I don't know where the design originated but Flash From The Past has a couple of sheets with the design, one from the 1950s from Paul Coman and one from the 1920s with two variations of it by Owen Jensen. I'm not going to post pictures from the book on here though.

I don't know where the design originated but Flash From The Past has a couple of sheets with the design, one from the 1950s from Paul Coman and one from the 1920s with two variations of it by Owen Jensen. I'm not going to post pictures from the book on here though.

I wouldn't expect you to....but naming books is good so that when I want to spend money on books I know what books to buy. I've just been frustrated looking for this info and I know I won't be in a tattoo shop for a while.