The Tattoo News

Iwar

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Skull and Sword is no more. Grime will be focusing on other endeavors. I looks like he will still be accepting inquires but it unclear where he will be tattooing out of. 

After my heart sinking it got me thinking his generation of tattooers have been in game for 25-30 years. Don't wait on tomorrow because there might not be a tomorrow.

Suburbanxcore you're right I don't know how I missed that on the homepage.

On another note Pagoda tattoo fest looks so ill yet again this year. Its only an hour away from my folks house but I will be flying in again the next month for a wedding. Looks like I'll have to put it off another year.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while but i had to bring this up.

Marcus Kuhn's Just Good Tattoos in Bath, England was basically burned to the ground a couple of nights back. Looks like it was deliberate and it's been hugely damaging to Marcus who is one of the nicest guys you could wish to meet.

There's been a gofundme set up to help him out, i'm sure any donation will be hugely appreciated. Here's the gofundme: https://www.gofundme.com/help-just-good-tattoos-after-arson

And here's a facebook post from Marcus on the subject, i've copied the text as i'm not sure if the embed feature will work here:

"ITS been 24 hours since someone i dont know who or why.burned my tattoo shop down eleven days after i opened it...I put all my savings into it and frankly cannot afford to build it again..i have no insurance...was just in second week open..it would cost another 15 to 20 thousand to redo it and replace everything...as it stands now it was months i was not earning while building the shop and i put everything in there..i will not be able to eat or pay rent as my savings will be gone in a matter of days..this was a blow i dont think i can recover from...i built every corner of the shop with my own hands for three months using salvaged lumber and begged borrowed and scrounged all the pieces..all the money spent on planning applications and permits and blueprints and the trips to raise money to get it done and now its all gone and after 32 years tattooing and trying to contribute to the betterment of tattooing with gypsy gentleman films this is how i get repaid...I am tired of struggling to feed myself and duke and keep a roof over our heads..thank you to the people who have sent messages of solidarity..its very heartwarming but i cant live on good vibes alone..at the end of the day im alone broke and without recourse...dont know why someone would do this but whoever you are you suceeded in destroying the life of someone you dont even know personally..i hope you have a really good reason ..."

Please note i am not in charge of the gofundme and i do not know Marcus personally (i've met him and chatted tattoos for a bit but that's it).

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while but i had to bring this up.

Marcus Kuhn's Just Good Tattoos in Bath, England was basically burned to the ground a couple of nights back. Looks like it was deliberate and it's been hugely damaging to Marcus who is one of the nicest guys you could wish to meet.
There's been a gofundme set up to help him out, i'm sure any donation will be hugely appreciated. Here's the gofundme: https://www.gofundme.com/help-just-good-tattoos-after-arson
And here's a facebook post from Marcus on the subject, i've copied the text as i'm not sure if the embed feature will work here:
"ITS been 24 hours since someone i dont know who or why.burned my tattoo shop down eleven days after i opened it...I put all my savings into it and frankly cannot afford to build it again..i have no insurance...was just in second week open..it would cost another 15 to 20 thousand to redo it and replace everything...as it stands now it was months i was not earning while building the shop and i put everything in there..i will not be able to eat or pay rent as my savings will be gone in a matter of days..this was a blow i dont think i can recover from...i built every corner of the shop with my own hands for three months using salvaged lumber and begged borrowed and scrounged all the pieces..all the money spent on planning applications and permits and blueprints and the trips to raise money to get it done and now its all gone and after 32 years tattooing and trying to contribute to the betterment of tattooing with gypsy gentleman films this is how i get repaid...I am tired of struggling to feed myself and duke and keep a roof over our heads..thank you to the people who have sent messages of solidarity..its very heartwarming but i cant live on good vibes alone..at the end of the day im alone broke and without recourse...dont know why someone would do this but whoever you are you suceeded in destroying the life of someone you dont even know personally..i hope you have a really good reason ..."
Please note i am not in charge of the gofundme and i do not know Marcus personally (i've met him and chatted tattoos for a bit but that's it).

That's awful. I saw the pics on IG. Surprised he didn't have insurance. Poor guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Mike had been my favorite artist for a while now and I was finally able to get tattooed by him in November while he was briefly in Philadelphia. Our encounter was short, but he seemed like a really genuine guy. No "cool guy" bullshit from him either. It was very easy to see why he was such a highly respected tattooer. He was also very funny and had me laughing the whole time. I had planned more work from him next time he was in town. Gone way too F***ing soon.

https://www.gofundme.com/mike-fite-family-fund

• 1 year later...

Not sure if this belongs here or in the WTF In the News but has anyone seen this article about a study of people with tattoos that has been trending on LinkedIn the last couple of weeks?

https://www.hcamag.com/au/news/general/reckless-or-creative-the-great-tattoo-debate/177257

The gist of it is that they concluded people with tattoos are more likely to act in haste and not think of the consequences of their actions. I argued that just like someones race, religion, or sexual preference doesn't determine your personality, neither does presence of tattoos on your skin. And also that it could of easily been framed to show the exact opposite based on the researchers bias (that people with tattoos are more decisive and more willing to live with the consequences of their actions). 

I was encouraged to see that 90% or more of the engagement was bashing the study and agreeing that having tattoos doesn't make someone a better or worse candidate for hiring but of course there were a vocal few supporting the study. 

Just curious if anyone here has seen the article going around, what your thoughts on it are and if you feel like you've been passed over on a job you qualified for because of your tattoos?

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

I am new in this industry and i would like to know if there is any platform only for professionals to find guest spots, long term work etc... even for tattoo owners studios to publish job offers for artists. I would like to fins a platform like Linkedin but only for tattoos professionals. HOnestly i do not like to use instagram or facebook for professional stuff and for example tattoodo is more to find clients not offers to work in studios or offers jobs if i am a owner.

Said that i really appreciate you support on it.

Thanks in advance and apologies if i make a mistake on where to posrt my concern

Best,

John