The Tattoo News

Iwar

General tattoo news that's worth sharing, but doesn't necessarily fit in any of the existing threads (or deserve a new one)

Like this...

I checked out Black Heart's official website/blog today, and was suprised to see that it had gotten a big overhaul since I last visited. It looks really nice, and it had some pictures of tattoos that I had never seen before. Check it out: Black Heart Tattoo |Black Heart Tattoo | » Bad Ass Tattooery | Bad Ass Tattooery

I checked out Black Heart's official website/blog today, and was suprised to see that it had gotten a big overhaul since I last visited. It looks really nice, and it had some pictures of tattoos that I had never seen before. Check it out: Black Heart Tattoo |Black Heart Tattoo | » Bad Ass Tattooery | Bad Ass Tattooery

Way better than the beating heart! Nice. And good thought for a thread.. @steve1461686340 stickie??

Definitely want to get something at Blackheart once my tax refund comes in.

Fuck, I always forget about tax refund money. Can't wait to blow it all on tattoos, and I can actually afford to do that this year because I'll have money saved up for the summer months. I'm a grad student so the summer is always tough, but this year should be an exception thanks to a first year fellowship in the program I just started. I'm seriously just realizing now that I can probably afford to just blow the entire refund on tattoos this year. Probably not super responsible, but fuck it right?

Fuck, I always forget about tax refund money. I'm seriously just realizing now that I can probably afford to just blow the entire refund on tattoos this year. Probably not super responsible, but fuck it right?

HAHA, there are two things I want to do at the moment: pay down student loans (still paying off undergrad ugh) and get a full on tattoo body suit. While blowing my tax refund money on tattoos is ideal, it still leaves me with my student loans. The plan is to do both in moderation. Not pay off the entire student loan, but not blow it all on tattoos.

But shit man, I'll live vicariously through you. Blow it all on tattoos!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm really looking forward to the Lost Love flash book. I already have the Milton H Zeis: Tattooing As You Like It book and I think I'm more excited for Lost Love than I was the Zeis book.

Also, if anyone knows what movie is played in the video, please share...I've tried looking it up and came up with nothing.

• 1 month later...

Shirts and Destroy just started carrying shirts designed by Tim Lehi. You can get one with a tiger on it and pretend that you're @hogg:

Tim Lehi | Webstore

If you're not up on S&D, they print t-shirts designed by your favourite tattooers and illustrators. I've had some of their shirts for years and they're comfortable and high quality and the designs fucking rule.

Shirts and Destroy just started carrying shirts designed by Tim Lehi. You can get one with a tiger on it and pretend that you're @hogg:

Man, they must've just added those today. I was on there earlier and there was nothing in his webstore. Great, thanks, it isn't like I had anything else I needed to do with money today.

• 2 weeks later...

Tattoo Artist Magazine has shifted it's management and Kent Smith will now be the editor and chief.

Changing of the Guard | TAM Blog

I've chatted with Kent a little bit about this (but I had no idea he was going to take on the EIC role) and he hinted that TAM might transition to being more available to non-tattooers. Honestly, I don't see it being that much of a difference, the earlier issues that had more technical info has kind of gone to the wayside in the last few years, sans Shane Enholm's awesome article about the various Bulldog machine shapes. Sadly, you can find any information you want on the internet these days, so anything discussed is already available online.

Kent is an awesome guy, I enjoy the work I do for them, and I know a lot of you folks would love to be able to purchase issues directly.

Tattoo Artist Magazine has shifted it's management and Kent Smith will now be the editor and chief. Changing of the Guard | TAM Blog I've chatted with Kent a little bit about this (but I had no idea he was going to take on the EIC role) and he hinted that TAM might transition to being more available to non-tattooers. Honestly' date=' I don't see it being that much of a difference, the earlier issues that had more technical info has kind of gone to the wayside in the last few years, sans Shane Enholm's awesome article about the various Bulldog machine shapes. Sadly, you can find any information you want on the internet these days, so anything discussed is already available online. Kent is an awesome guy, I enjoy the work I do for them, and I know a lot of you folks would love to be able to purchase issues directly.[/quote']

I know I, as a non-tattooer, would be super stoked to get my hands on every single TAM issue I can!

That said, Tattoo Culture Mag has been great for filling in the gaps of my knowledge and pointing me to other resources that I can learn from. (Learn about tattoos and tattooing, not about how to tattoo, just to clarify).

I know I, as a non-tattooer, would be super stoked to get my hands on every single TAM issue I can!

That said, Tattoo Culture Mag has been great for filling in the gaps of my knowledge and pointing me to other resources that I can learn from. (Learn about tattoos and tattooing, not about how to tattoo, just to clarify).

I think it is pretty easy for non-tattooers to order the past issues from their website.

...off topic but after ordering a tattoo mag from one online company and the a book from another online company, both companies had no issue sending me weekly (sometimes daily) emails advertising sales for products that are supposedly only sold to "professional tattooers".