The Tattoo News

Iwar

I think it is pretty easy for non-tattooers to order the past issues from their website.

...off topic but after ordering the tattoo collector mag from TAM and the Monmon Cat book from TatSoul, both companies had no issue sending me weekly (sometimes daily) emails advertising sales for products that are supposedly only sold to "professional tattooers".

Blowing up everyone's cover right now Brian. Hahaha.

Blowing up everyone's cover right now Brian. Hahaha.

Everyone should own a tat gun for diy touch ups.

maybe i'll edit out the companies names from my last post.

also that might make a good TAM article: Do tattoo supply companies actually verify professional status before shipping products?

I think it is pretty easy for non-tattooers to order the past issues from their website.

...off topic but after ordering a tattoo mag from one online company and the a book from another online company, both companies had no issue sending me weekly (sometimes daily) emails advertising sales for products that are supposedly only sold to "professional tattooers".

Haha I feel like a dork for not even trying to order one!!! I just never even asked...

I get emails from them all the time anyway, despite never having ordered :p

I will say you guys aren't crazy to be skeptical about how long he will stay but the last 3 times he tattooed me he was really excited about staying in Austin for a while and doing less travel. But we shall see. I won't get to Austin for a while so I hope I get a bunch of my back done in June.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like Eddie Deutsche will be visiting Boston in May:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fat-Rams-Pumpkin-Tattoo/136706736001

If I wasn't getting current projects work on only I'd be all over this...very cool

Mr Chad Koeplinger officially announced that he's moving to Austin and working at Rock of Ages full time. Can anyone say powerhouse?

ROA is already a powerhouse, if Chad finally settles down... damn. However, I'm skeptical about it, it seems like he has said similar things a few times in the past few years and it's never really happened.

Wendy Pham finally coming to USA. @ironchef

I emailed her for as pot in New York. My wife always said that if Wendy came stateside then Wendy would get the honor of giving her her first tattoo. And if my wife chickens out, I'll take the time slot :)

"Hello Americans! Matthew_gordon and I are heading your way and working with these lovely folks! Email matthewgordom@live.com.au , wendy_p@live.com.au, with subject: USA! I will respond in the next few weeks :)"

1389930_1431053700481609_2136138616_n.jpg

Well, it's complicated because since it's her first tattoo, she thinks she has an obligation to make it mean something. All said and done, though, I know she will be happy as long as it's pretty, which is a guarantee. Because of my obvious Japanese art preference, she has come to feel the same way. So hers will be something along those lines. I would guess that either botan, chrysanthemum, or maneki neko are her top 3. I want to convince her to get a little maneki-neko popping out of a botan, but we'll see.

Now if she backs out and it's up to me to fill the slot, I want a heikegani. I bet Wendy would kill it.

Assuming I wasn't too slow and we get a spot :(

What are you thinking about getting @ironchef?

@Cork I like Wendy's florals but LOVE her whimsical little creatures. Have to think a little about it and also placement since I'm slowly running out of real estate. I've been looking over her Instagram and Tumblr for ideas. Right now just hope I get an email back about a spot. Great idea on the heikegani. I thought the lobster she did with little Murphy the hamster riding it was AMAZING. Very Miyazaki like.

I guess Mark Cross is going on his indefinite leave early. Greenpoint called me today to cancel my appointment. I was trying to sneakily talk on my cell phone at work and didn't really get all the details but I thought the guy said something about a surgery.

I guess Mark Cross is going on his indefinite leave early. Greenpoint called me today to cancel my appointment. I was trying to sneakily talk on my cell phone at work and didn't really get all the details but I thought the guy said something about a surgery.

He posted a big thing on instagram. Emergency surgery and out until the fall. That's a shame. Hope he gets well soon.

Saw that! What he really should do, and I'm sure it's what's next or soon, is reprint the Big Red Book.

Based on the sale of his art work, reprint of Tattoo Time, and these Sailor Jerry reprints, I get the sense that Hardy sees now as prime time for cashing in on these properties. So I wouldn't be surprised to see reprints of all the books.

Based on the sale of his art work, reprint of Tattoo Time, and these Sailor Jerry reprints, I get the sense that Hardy sees now as prime time for cashing in on these properties. So I wouldn't be surprised to see reprints of all the books.

He told me that it's Doug pushing him to reprint them, not his own desire to milk anything. Said he hadn't even considered reprinting Tattootime until Doug said he should. The profits from book sales is probably 1/100th of his income to be honest. Even Taki says that book sales are usually not the cashing-in type of income.

He told me that it's Doug pushing him to reprint them, not his own desire to milk anything. Said he hadn't even considered reprinting Tattootime until Doug said he should. The profits from book sales is probably 1/100th of his income to be honest. Even Taki says that book sales are usually not the cashing-in type of income.

Have you ever heard mention of Ed putting out a book of those Duke Kaufman prison drawings? I know that Ed owns a bunch of them. Scott Harrison used to carry around photos of them, and I have seen Mary Joy put one or two of the designs on the antique handkerchiefs she paints. They are some of the coolest designs I have seen.