Getting frames made...

DrewDaggers

One of the guys that I work with, has expressed interest in building a few machines. I've always been interested in building machines, and metal work has been something that I always had fun doing. My question for you guys, since I know there are a few machine builders here, is have you ever used frames that you had cut from a water jet machine? I have a buddy that runs a shop, and he has said he would like to help us out, by cutting a few frames that way for us. Were trying to weigh the pros and cons of this. Has anyone tried this?

Hey Drew, There are lots of tattoo machine builders on our tattoo forum and they have voiced a concern on putting too much out there when it comes to this topic as this is a public forum. So with that in mind check out these threads on tattoo machines at LST to get some ideas. Some may respond here but just thought I'd let you know why it may get silent in this thread. Here's the list:

swinggates and the pike

Tattoo Machine Build

Tattoo Machine Ideas

Then there is always the Tattoo Marketplace with some of the tattooers on the site who choose to sell their machines through the site to other TATTOOERS ONLY (based on their discretion)!

Hope this helps?!?

I did read those, and I don't really expect much out of anyone. I was just wondering if anyone has tried this method, and if its worked out for them. I'm not looking for anything technical, just some basic answers. I'm gonna try it regardless, just wondering if its worked out for someone else, or hasn't worked.