Why does it seem like?

chrislj54

Hey I was wondering why it seems like all or a lot of tattoo artist hate the police? Does this go back to the roots of punk music etc? I see ACAB or all pigs must die. I am a police officer so is my brother and our father. I have tattoos and so does my brother. The city I work for is pretty liberal no policy against tattoos unless racist etc. I work with people who have full sleeves. I am interesting to hear from artist and other collectors on their thoughts or opinions other then to tell me to fuck off and die. Honestly I plan on getting more tattoos but not from someone who hates me because of my chosen profession. I have had bad service eating dinner out occasionally but I don't hate all waiters. I understand some police officers give a bad reputation to the honest hand working ones out there.

I agree it could be a hangover from the days when tattooing was a little more outlaw / biker / underground / punk rock than it is these days.

As you know, there are plenty of heavily tattooed cops around, and although organisational guidelines put the breaks on from time to time (as with Mil guys) that's unlikely to change.

The ACAB stuff strikes me as a little naive most of the time. I have a family, and I wouldn't want to live in a city without a police service and more than I'd live in a city without a fire service or sewage department. But that's a discussion out the scope of this forum.

I've tattooed plenty of cops, no big deal. Lots of cops have tattoos. To think that most or all tattooers hate them would be similar to saying all cops are dicks. I know it's not the case, I've met plenty of good decent people in an underappreciated public service with a through-the-roof danger rate. I appreciate the people that truly believe in their job. There are plenty of people that don't entirely trust or feel comfortable around police, whether it be deserved or not, but I know that's not new to you and it encompasses lots of people besides tattooers.

Are there some asshole tattooers out there? Yes. Are there some cops out there that are bullies and abuse their power? Yes. We're all just people, and if you're a dick then that's just who you are no matter what field of work you are in.

If you are not comfortable with your artists, then don't get tattooed there. I wouldn't want to pay someone that hates me either.

Oakland police department is corrupt as fuck and has zero interest in serving the people of this city. Can't say that's true for all police departments, but with the growing militarization of the police force, my respect for the people serving this system is rapidly dwindling. I do think there is honesty and integrity in the ideal of law enforcement, but I have yet to see much of that in action.

But yeah, I have no idea who you are, where you live, or what your job is like, so I can't say much on your situation.

Och you are being naive. I have been stopped and searched by police for nothing and treated like shit when I was younger, power breeds corruption , people die in police custody etc. There's excellent police and shit police. they are all human and some humans will use their power to their own advantage, to bully and intimidate the vulnerble. Others will use it to help them.

Och you are being naive. I have been stopped and searched by police for nothing and treated like shit when I was younger, power breeds corruption , people die in police custody etc. There's excellent police and shit police. they are all human and some humans will use their power to their own advantage, to bully and intimidate the vulnerble. Others will use it to help them.

I've been lucky I guess,I have never met an artist that disliked cops

My experience f cops has been mixed. I grew up in one o the roughest areas in my city , the cops there have a tough job and a lot of them are good. some of them are pricks too. cops are only human. some humans are good and some are pricks , if you cant see that then you are being naive .its human nature. Im really drunk right now and I apoligise if im not making any sense.

My experience f cops has been mixed. I grew up in one o the roughest areas in my city , the cops there have a tough job and a lot of them are good. some of them are pricks too. cops are only human. some humans are good and some are pricks , if you cant see that then you are being naive .its human nature. Im really drunk right now and I apoligise if im not making any sense.

food-smiley-004.gif

why dislike law enforcement ? they have a tough job and they deal with a lot of assholes ! ,I have found it pretty easy to play by the rules & stay out of trouble,

It took me a while to learn how to stay under the cop-radar. I am now a model citizen...

I also see lots of cops and firefighters getting inked. Especially post-911.

Rob