In need of a TATTOO RESCUE!

Casey Harris

Hey all,

Hope your Thanksgiving goes well and your travels are safe. I have a tattoo I had done by a buddy while we were deployed in Iraq. The concept looked much better than the finished product. That was in 2007. A coverup or facelift is well overdue. I know I can go anywhere I want locally but I'd like your guys' input and ideas. If anyone likes to draw/sketch, I'd like to see these ideas come to life on paper. Thanks much and look forward to hearing your ideas and concepts.

Yes, because us "artistically inclined" people really love to work for free. Go to a good shop. Show him/her your tattoo and discuss possibilities. This forum isn't really for satiating these kinds of questions.

I wasn't trying to insult those who make a living in the Ink biz. If I like the artwork I wouldn't have a problem compensating whomever I choose. It's free trade and was a suggestion I probably should have elaborated on. My apologies and no harm no foul.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm residing in San Luis Obispo County. North of Santa Barbara, South of Monterey.

no tattooer would be excited about fixing this. i would advise getting another tattoo from a good shop and if you can hit it off with the tattooer, he/she would be much more likely inclined to fix your old crappy tattoo. sometimes crappy tattoos are a great memory too. like that tattoo is a mark of being in iraq and of your buddy.

I wasn't trying to insult those who make a living in the Ink biz. If I like the artwork I wouldn't have a problem compensating whomever I choose. It's free trade and was a suggestion I probably should have elaborated on. My apologies and no harm no foul.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm residing in San Luis Obispo County. North of Santa Barbara, South of Monterey.

Please keep in mind that I am in no way trying to attack you, as I don't get any sort of malice or any other such tone from your post.

The problem with this is that you're asking people to work on spec, and then maybe you'll pay one of the people involved. This is all going on your word, of which, keep in mind, no one here has any examples of the integrity.

For future reference, it rarely comes across as anything other than rude and condescending to suggest that an artist of any sort work on spec. It suggests that what they do is simple enough and that so little work goes into it that they shouldn't mind whipping something up on the off-chance that the prospective client likes it.

I, for one, won't begin a piece of art for a prospective new client without a significant deposit.

The problem with this is that you're asking people to work on spec, and then maybe you'll pay one of the people involved. This is all going on your word, of which, keep in mind, no one here has any examples of the integrity.

Try that with any other professional. Like an architect - design my house. If I like the design I'll pay you.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...