Ontario politician shocks her constituents!

bongsau

Ontario politician shocks her constituents by getting face tattoo | This is That with Pat Kelly and Peter Oldring | CBC Radio

Background: I am a professional engineer and would consider myself successful. I have already proven myself with my track record and have earned the respect of my colleagues and clients for my abilities, personality and experience. I have been getting many tattoos for 10 years (a backpiece shy of a full bodysuit) before making the leap to 'out' myself as an illustrated man by adding neck tattoos. Not barfing zombies on my neck...but tasteful well executed tattoos that I feel compliment my appearance. I reached a position in my career where I work/own a small engineering firm and have been loyal to my boss/mentor/eng-sifu for a decade. He thinks my tattoos are great and supports it, even though I have been wearing long sleeves (no turtlenecks yet lol) for many years in order not to detract from my work and abilities. My neck tattoos if anything gave me additional confidence with a "yeah so what. I like tattoos." attitude. The response has been overall positive! And I believe any negative feelings people may harbour towards my tattoos have been kept to themselves as nobody yet has the balls to give their unsolicited opinion to my face.

I was very curious when I heard this story on CBC radio earlier today! When Ms. Monroe described her tattoo design my first reaction was WTF? "Sounds complicated" with kid and pet names, birds waterfall...on a face space? Good god! Could not picture anything but a disaster with this placement. Expected the "Mike Tyson". The tattoo looks well done however the placement is...well...bizarre. A GOOD tattoo you should be able to tell what it is from across the street and it should have enough black as to provide depth, not make the design look flat. From a purely artistic and tattoo enthusiast standpoint. Ms. Monroe commented that this was her first tattoo (very bold!) and she had other ideas forming, this was the start of her tattoo journey (at 65! nonetheless) with plans to add more.

I will say though this is encouraging to see a person in an influential position do this. But as someone who has many tattoos I would ask why she wouldn't have opted for a different placement i.e drop a waterfall down the forearm...or even down her neck if she wanted it to be a "YO HERE I AM" tattoo. Ms. Monroe did comment too that she chose the face because she wasn't interested in a little ankle or shoulder tattoo ("what's the point") and definately didn't want the stigma of the lower back (lol) which I thought was a very interesting comment from somebody going for their first tattoo experience. To quote motivational coach Vince Lombardi "Go big or go home".

In other Canadian tattoo-politico news...uh...yeah...no comment.

Toronto man gets tattoo of Rob Ford smoking from a crack pipe | canada.com

...AND DISCUSS...OH CANADUH!!! :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

When asked about her motivations, the 64-year-old Monroe responded by saying: "I have always wanted a tattoo and what's the point of getting one if no one can see it?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I am almost positive that niagara falls tattoo is photoshopped...

And you are correct.

Check it out, @bongsau:

"This Is That is a current affairs program that doesn't just talk about the issues, it fabricates them. Nothing is off limits--politics, business, culture, justice, science, religion--if it is relevant to Canadians, we'll find out the "This" and the "That" of the story.

Each week, hosts Pat Kelly and Peter Oldring introduce you to the voices and stories that give this country character in this 100% improvised, satirical send-up of public radio."

It's a pretty funny show, but definitely all fake. I, for one, am relieved; that tattoo looks like she fell and got dirt on her face.