Heavy training or exercising

TigerBlue77

Anyone gym rats or fitness freaks out there?

Curious how being tattooed effects your training?

How many days after receiving a new tat, is it safe to work out or sweat excessively with out having adverse side effect to the work?

I need to start a new cardio regime ASAP to get back in shape before I get back to the weights.

I need to re commit to that lifestyle again after giving it up 10 years ago when we started having kids.

I used to be "that guy" at the gym two times a day 6 days a weeks. So to say I've gone soft, is an under statement, ha!

Any and all advice for getting back to it, please let if fly.

Following my most recent tattoo I went for a very vigorous hike 24hrs later. Unintended due to scheduling issue (and I underestimated the difficulty of the hike). I definitely sweated quite profusely. The tattoo nevertheless healed perfectly.

If you make sure nothing is rubbing the tattoo while you work out you should be fine. Just my opinion (and my skin) though so your mileage may vary.

Like others have said, it depends on how you normally heal and location. The area around my arm pit took forever to heal because of friction. I found that that wrapping it to avoid excess skin-skin friction helped a great deal. And that's for a large scale tattoo. If you get something small, I would imagine you could workout the next day. I find that sweat burns a fresh tattoo, but other than that, it doesn't seem to have negative healing effects.

Honestly it sounds like you have a harder hurdle to get over after being off for so long. Doesn't sound like you'll be hitting the gym super hard from the get-go so I doubt you have anything to worry about. Especially if all you want to do is start out with cardio.

I've only had a one banger tat and that was 20 years ago when I skipped swim practice to get my first tattoo. Every other tattoo has been at least 4 sessions to complete.

I've been going every two weeks since June.

There is one thing I do when I set my mind to something and that is to go HAM!

I got my FitBit in the mail and I'm ready to make it blow!

I've gotten some big work done and gone to the gym the next afternoon. As long as your clothes aren't pulling at it and you can work out without discomfort, go for it. The first few days, I use the antibiotic the artist gives me. As soon as I get home from the gym, I wash thoroughly and reapply the antibiotic.

Rob

Depends on tattoo placement, rate of healing, and the type of exercise. If I just got a half sleeve done that was still oozing and swollen I would not be in the gym benching and curling.

On the same note if I get my chest done and it's healing quickly there's nothing wrong with me throwing up squats in the morning. This question is a bit too varied to get specific. Really it should be common sense.

• 7 months later...

core stuff for a week for me after new ink

i think i usually need the break as i dont have many off days

but i gotta do something physical every day

like running, cycling, SUP, skateboard, weights, hiking - anything really that gets you moving and sweating

though i will say slamming into asphalt really sucks when you're 43 so i try to keep my skating to flat paved cruising and carving

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...
4 minutes ago, eloisa said:

It totally depends on your age because a young or aged person have different criteria for exercise. If you fall in aged person than I will recommend you home care company. Because this company provides online services related to exercise and fitness.

It's a 7 year old thread dipshit. If you want to advertise, pay like everyone else.

• 3 months later...