Looking for reference - Buddhist rosary: Wristband tattoos: Mala

TaeTae

I'm in the same boat as you. I love the works of Shige and Gogue, but I prefer the traditional look. Add to that I used to think I wanted pieces with super details but I've come to realize while small details may be nice, big and bold leaves such an enduring image.

I wouldn't consider him traditional Japanese, but for big, bold, powerful Japanese, Kiku at Invisible NYC absolutely kills it. I was at Saved once and there was a woman there with a Kiku Kannon backpiece and the thing was knock-you-on-your-ass bold and powerful. And you see a tattoo like that and you know it's going to look great forever.

Artist credits would be nice on these.

Will name the artist if I have it. Trawling the internet for random images doesn't always include the artists name as some of them were not obtained from their original source including Japanese only pages.

Not a fan of the highlighted ones in that second to last one.

Mixing images that indicate shape and dimension with flat images always looks weird and doesn't work. The dragon head should have shadow and a light source if the beads do.

Yeh some of them aren't all that well done, it's more about the content. Some interesting adaptations for sure :)

- - - Updated - - -

Not a tattoo but a suit design

by Luis Albacete Tattooer

Just popped up on my facebook

1zbdvfd.jpg

@Tae Tae I don't know if you have heard of TinEye Reverse Image Search but it is a great reverse-image search that allows you to input an image and see where it appears on the web, which can be helpful when looking for sources. I mean any of us could do it, but just thought you might find it helpful :)

I have not heard of that, thanks, I will check it out. I stopped searching the web because it seems to be a bit of an issue not sourcing the images artist, which can be difficult when going trough random pages. I started looking on facebook so at least I know who the artist was.

Well you seem to be getting many great pictures, but if you would want to more I asked my wife what those beads are called in Japanese, and received the answer of juzu. So just image searching juzu irezumi on good brought up some good/bad results. the kanji for it is "数珠刺青."

Yep, they are Juzu beads. Thank you for the Kanji, that may bring up some interesting results.

Thanks guys, hope these references can be of help, I sure find them interesting.

I tried the reverse image search for the images I already posted without credited artists, I got no return results. Sorry for that.

This took me a while to compile, I have included the artists or studios name where possible, some were not.

This will have to be in 3 parts.

Agony and ecstasy tattoo

2lvef81.jpg

Akio tattoo

2nhi8hg.jpg

AkiRyu Irezumi

ka45ug.jpg

Art studio Hiziri

317iq7q.jpg

Chamber 36 tattoo studio

vdfrmd.jpg

Edo light second generation of TATOO studio

1416rzr.jpg

10ckhuw.jpg

rwukn7.jpg

2r40nl4.jpg

k4fqqd.jpg

2jcekiw.jpg

2z3w2m9.jpg

2e4x8cl.jpg

Gooddays tattoo

4hfed3.jpg

Horihisa

15s3fwz.jpg

Horimasa

2mq2840.jpg

Horinami

w2cai1.jpg

Horisyaraku

296ohg9.jpg

jfyr1f.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of a long shot but I don't suppose anyone can get a better look at what is wrapped around the bottom of these sleeves? I love old school Japanese pictures.

3h0mq.png

On another note I have decided to leave my sleeves as they are, I don't want to ruin the composition of what I have.

2i06o20.jpg

2exy89t.jpg

fo39rp.jpg

1z1b4n4.png

I do love the look of the Juzu beads though, so will be concentrating on getting them incorporated around my neck when I get my chest and back done. Thanks for the input!

• 2 weeks later...