Well, Since today I am an official member of the Back piece squad :)

We had a (pretty brutal) 5+ hour start of my backpiece, we managed to finish all the lining (except for the big flowers that need to go on my upper legs).

Next session will be for lining the flowers and the rest of the leg part, and to start shading... I can't wait ;-)

IMG_7814_zpsc16f5611.jpg

Sessions 1-5 by Aaron Bell...16.5 hours on the clock so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Second session yesterday. Was a lot easier this time around, not so apprehensive I guess and also made a point to just focus on my breathing for the few lines that needed finishing. Looking forward to the next session! Thanks again Stewart.

Killer Don Nolan design! I remember getting this design sheet when I was just starting to assemble some equipment from spaulding rogers back in '90...anyone know what year it was drawn?

@ironchef Hardly! We are just doing what we have to do. I have a couple vacations coming up in late March/April so I didn't want to lose progress and I also didn't want to be healing tattoos over traveling. Back to back appointments were the only option.

@MikeL Awesome! You actually came up in conversation with Dana this past Monday. I was hoping you'd post an update soon. Looks great! I bet it feels good to have that background hurdle over and done with.

@William Burgess That looks great! Also, are you a member of an awesome gym who owns a lot of flash, or does the tattoo shop randomly have a lifting platform?

@Cork thanks! Seems like every time he is at Northstar, I go there the Saturday afterwards. Dana is an amazing artist and he has been doing a killer job on your back piece...congrats again on the progress. Maybe I will get to see him if he comes up to NY for the convention in March.

Hopefully one session of sumi black to go for the koi in the end of March and then onto color in April. Feels great to have the background done. Oh by the way...think you mentioned earlier...have a new reference for pain when getting work done...it was livable but that rotary was humming ;)

Mike

@ironchef That looks great! Also, are you a member of an awesome gym who owns a lot of flash, or does the tattoo shop randomly have a lifting platform?

Haha...that's my shop, Tattoo Technique in Bremerton Washington...all my other tattooer friends think I am crazy...really love the Olympic lifts and try to practice during slow times.

Haha...that's my shop, Tattoo Technique in Bremerton Washington...all my other tattooer friends think I am crazy...really love the Olympic lifts and try to practice during slow times.

How did I miss this??? Amazing that you have bumpers in the shop. Way too awesome.