My back is now officially done! :cool:

We had a little 1 hour session today, which was totally brutal unfortunatly, probably a lot of places weren't healed enough from the previous session (about a week and half ago ;-) ).

Some statistics : My backpiece was done in a 6 month period in a total of 31 hours :cool:

IMG_8194_zps3a461f8b.jpg

IMG_8195_zps131d4120.jpg

IMG_8196_zps73896eaa.jpg

IMG_8193_zps2b11efd1.jpg

@Cork You are correct there are definitely a lot of lines. Some of them were less than fun, especially around the base of the spine.

The appointments are booked for 3 hours at a time but I reckon with drawing time we end up with about two and a half hours of tattooing so we're maybe 5 hours in at this point.

I thought it was about time I posted my recently in progress backpiece, started end of Feb this year.

This pic is about 36 hours in progress. I am quite tall and also have a bit of extra meat around the "love handle" area so is a big amount of skin to cover.

I have been doing constant 3 hour sessions every 2-3 weeks with 2 x 6 hour sessions thrown in. Generally have been pretty good with each session but I have to say left thigh background shading for some reason sucked incredibly, probably one of the least favourite sessions of all my new work. Strange thing was the right thigh shading a week later (not shown in pic) was easy.

I just noticed btw the snakes body going across my arse does line up, it looks like it doesn't but must have been the way I was standing in the pic. It was taken after the left thigh shading session and I was not a happy camper. :)

Also just attached the outline after the 1st 6 hour session.

Looks great so far! Who's doing it?

Thanks Iwar,

Kian Forreal owner of Authentink in Surry Hills Sydney is doing the work.

Love his work and a great guy to boot. Unfortunately on my back he has had to work around 3 previous tattoos which I have had laser removal on. Already without it being finished and colour added I struggle to see 2 of the pieces and the 3rd is being covered next session. :)