Ok, I see what you have next. The spine didn't bother me. The kidneys and love handles are killer. I've only got a bit on an upper cheek so far. Not sure how far south he's going, but I won't be hitting ditch!

+1 on love handles. holy fucking shit that hurt. started my back piece with kahlil rintye yesterday. about five hours of line work on a rad Nue he drew up for me. pretty much every part of the back sucks but it was very tolerable. when he got to my love handles, all i could do was hold my breath and clench every muscle in my body until he was done with that particle line. ass cheeks weren't too bad, but it did feel like there was shot of electricity going straight into my cornhole at times.

2. The last of my original 4 (crappier) tattoos have now been covered with much better art. I know there are mixed feelings about covering previous work etc but 3 of the 4 were basically flash pieces off the wall and had no meaning to me at all. The 4th I wasn't happy covering but it was a decent sized piece in the way of doing my backpiece. It was sacrificed for the greater good :( . The 1st of these were done nearly 20 years ago and I like to think if forums such as LST and in general the www were around I would have probably made a more informed decision back then and probably not just picked flash off the wall.

I totally get this. I'm starting my back piece April '15 and it'll be covering 3 old tattoos. The two oldest, from '99 and '00, are terrible. Ive already had laser to lighten them and will be happy when they're no longer visible. The other, done in '07, I'm a little sad to part with. Stylistically, it's nothing special, it just holds a little nostalgic value. But, at the end of the day, if we want kick-ass back pieces, sacrifices are to be made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both looking awesome @misterJ and @Graeme. Love tigers in Japanese art and they make such a great center piece for a huge backpiece.

Sometimes I wish i had 4 backs so I could do a different theme on each. :) No wait I am glad I don't have 4 backs, not sure I could do it 4 times.

Another session today and I can safely say we have now started colour. :)

The severed head now is finished.

Jason.