@Graeme - I just love that design - one of my favorite so far. And I'm not just sayin' that because your Instagram bare butt is cute ;-) j/k! Really really nice.

Step off, woman! I thought this backpiece was supposed to make him LESS attractive to the opposite sex?! ;)

@BrianH - I know, right? Those were already done when I arrived at the shop and were the first thing I noticed - brutal.

those long lines on the ass... must of have been... fun?

You'll find out how they are soon enough.

- - - Updated - - -

So killer, man! Dave's work constantly blows me away.

Dave is so good. There are a lot of really cool things in the way he designed it that aren't obvious in the photo like how the water on my arm carries over onto the back and how the water on the back of my thighs is readable as a continuous wave from the right angle. The background is so pretty and gives this really great balance to the toughness of the tiger and snake. He's such a good dude too, and that really really helps during rough sessions.

It just helps narrow the field.

Seriously.

Although, with backpieces like this, it really IS all about the piece. Our backs are just sort-of flat square footage to show off a really cool tattoo. I'm not sure how to word this the way I want to. I don't think people even see someone with a backpiece as a person - the piece just grabs your entire attention. You just become the vehicle with which to hold up the art.

Been in correspondence with Rob Noseworthy Rob Noseworthy - @Robnoseworthy Instagram Profile - INK361 and just got an email that we will be starting my back in January! He's giving me the option of multiple sessions in a row if I want to cut down on travel.

From all accounts he is an awesome guy, and I'm looking forward to visiting that beautiful area.

I haven't been this nervous/excited since my first tattoo. Going to have to recruit the wife to take pictures of my bare back to send to him for reference tonight. That should be an interesting conversation. Hah.

@misterJ

Wolf and a maple tree, from neck to knee, with carte blanche on anything fun that he wants to add.

It's a relatively short trip up there so we are doing one session a month starting in january. I inquired to the scheduler at the shop how long each session would be. Her response, "as long as you can handle."

Challenge accepted!

@misterJIt's a relatively short trip up there so we are doing one session a month starting in january. I inquired to the scheduler at the shop how long each session would be. Her response, "as long as you can handle."

Challenge accepted!

Sounds like the start of mine - my husband looked at me kinda funny when I asked him to take bare pictures of his wife from the back and send them to some random guy. That was QUITE a conversation! (Save that picture - it becomes the "before" picture!)

And the "as long as you can handle." Be very ready for that challenge. There is a ton of mental fortitude involved - a contest of trying not to tap out before he decides he's reached a good stopping point. I made it to 8 once. Only once. ::shudders::

January - coming up soon! Carte Blanche - that will be really cool with the design you're doing. Be sure to post progress shots.

Aw yeah, it's really coming together now. Sadly, Dana says he can finish in 1 more session.

This thought came to be after the last session - I've got this 9 month relationship with this random guy, session after session. It will eventually end - I don't know when - and the "breakup" will occur - will I mourn? :-) What an interesting thought. I am so invested in this piece and it's dominated several aspects of my life (including that I haven't run a single race all year!!!), but I realize I'll be sad when the process is over.

For a microsecond I thought about spreading the sessions a little further out to prolong it, but then thought, no - let's get this thing over with!!!