Had the final session of outlining on my back today. Another 3 hours taking the total to 15 hours just on the outline. I definitely feel like it has taken a while but I am very happy to be moving on to some shading next month. The backs of my legs are less happy that I am currently sitting down to write this. I will post some pictures of the final outline in a few days once it has settled a bit. In the mean time I can say that I am very happy with it.

@Cork - nearly done - 3-4 sessions and he wants it done by the end of the year. FML. With much trepidation, I'm booked every other Friday through Jan 2. Through the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons. I think it's quite insane, but we have a dive vacation at the end of Jan and he feels very strongly about not going more than 3ish weeks between sessions. UGH! I think I'll be burning some sick days trying to stay healthy.

Red and irritated at the top, and some of the marker is showing through. We have to fade out the sides around my ribs (joy) and a few more little critters below my waist to come.

Aside from final whites and highlights most of this is done, EXCEPT for the eagle rays in the very center. It's pretty obvious they are still the first coat of paint. Those eagle rays were the reason I wanted a tattoo - I may have described this elsewhere, but that was a picture I took very early one morning right off the dive boat, and their beauty and strength I wanted to capture with a tattoo on my back. (Every critter here is a picture I took scuba diving and my tattoo artist created the scene from my photographs.)

So, in the tradition of bringing the dragon to life by filling in the eyes last, we are saving the eagle rays until the end to bring this around full circle and bring the ocean scene to life.

Session%2B15%2Bbest%2Bheadon%2Bcropped%2Bsm.JPG

@SeeSea

Amazinggggg. That eel is still my favorite. That schedule sounds intense, but I bet it still feels weird when you hit the last one. Maybe the intensity will offset the slightly melancholy 'finished a gigantic tattoo' feeling with the more upbeat 'oh thank god I don't have to go in again in two weeks' feeling...?

Thanks to @Mush @marley mission @9Years @DeathB4Decaf and @Cork as I say I a really happy with all the line work. Definitely worth going through 15hours to get it looking like this, but the word bananas does some it up pretty nicely. 6th December will bring the first session on the shading. I can't wait to see it keep developing now. It feels like it is now really gonna start coming to life a little bit at a time.

@marley mission - thanks! I love the hammerheads. We were under schooling hammerheads a couple times in Galagapos, and in a parade of them all swimming by. They are a little spooky up close, though. O.O My artist is Sean Zee.

@misterJ - haha - I know what you mean! Thanks - it's gonna be a hell of a final stretch and I'm looking forward to the end. Getting NUTS!

@scubaron, @Pugilist, @graybones, @Fala - thank you!

@sophistre - yeah, the eel has a special place - that teethy smile :-) It's kinda funny because he actually had to change the species of eel. I love my spotted moray eels, but they are black with mottled white spots. My tattoo artist said that it would start to look sloppy earlier because the coloring is kind of slopping looking to begin with. So, that was one of the "artistic license" things I gave him - so he picked a honeycomb moray instead. It as a more regular pattern so it should hold up better. I think the ending will be emotional in many ways.

post-3821-146168874732_thumb.jpg

Session five yesterday, lining and shading background on the ribs and love handles. Goddamn the love handles are a shitty fucking spot. Next session we'll shade the background on my other cheek and thigh so we'll be going into the new year with a substantial chunk of the background done. I love how it's coming together.