I always look forward to the start of the month because it means another 3 hours of work on my back, and another step closer to completion. This session I just could not zone out at all. The whole thing just hurt. On the other hand we have now basically finished the background and I'm stoked with how it's looking.

Thanks to me not being diligent about booking new sessions, I now have a mishmash of up and coming sessions.

This pic is the result of my last session on Saturday which was at the Sydney Tattoo Convention. Only a small 2 hour session but was cool chatting to different people wandering past asking about my work etc.

Was also my 1st attendance at a tattoo convention/show. I got to see alot of people getting tattooed by many artists and the main thing that surprised me was how few engaged with the artist and chatted.

So many had headphones on or were playing with iPads with no interaction with the artist. For me that is a big reason why I "enjoy" getting tattooed and keep going back for more.

To me a big part of getting a great tattoo is connecting with your artist, chatting with him/her, chewing the fat, disagreeing with him/her and at times arguing with your artist. (Something I have done once or twice.)

Not sure what all you LST's do but my job is very technical and most would class as boring. Is another reason why I enjoy my tattoo sessions, I get to connect and chat to artistic and creative people. Much more interesting than the crap I deal with at work. :)

Anyway enough of my rant, here is the latest pic.

Cheers

Jason

@Shaggy I completely agree with you. I can't speak for anybody else here, but I spend way too much time tapping away at this damned phone and one of the things I really enjoy about tattoo time is that it's me, the artist, the machine buzzing away, some good conversation, stories shared, laughs had, and all that. I will admit that during my ass/back of thighs lining session that I played dumb phone games to distract me because breathing and trying to focus mentally wasn't quite cutting it, but I felt pretty ridiculous doing that.

Your back looks fantastic, by the way.

Thanks @Cork and @Graeme for the compliments, I love how it is turning out. Bold and clean which is why I went to Kian in the 1st place. @Graeme as much as the tattooing sucks, the atmosphere and vibe of the shop can make up for the discomfort. :) I leave my Ipad and phone on the couch with my sessions. If I am not chatting to Kian or other artists,clients,apprentices in the shop. I am trying to zone out or just chilling out to the background music in the shop. Tattooing sucks and it hurts but if you can take your mind off it by good conversation the pain is slightly less. :)

I have tattoos and im getting another one this weekend. Need help trying to figure out what to get on my arm. I want it to have american historical significance. I have a back poece im currently working on of the painting of. George washington crossing the delaware river. I also have the join or die snake on my chest that ben franklin drew.. So yeah you get the idea.. Cant decide waht to get. All ideas will be very helpful thankyou

I was just gonna say that!

This is going to be an amazing piece, @Shaggy!

Thanks @SeeSea I am really happy with the outcome. I cant wait till the end, at this stage we are looking to finish it around June/July this year so a total of about 18 months. I had my 1st session in late Feb 2014.

Although I swear I have had more specific comments on the colouring and designs on my thighs than the rest of it. Other artists at the shop as well as people at the convention seem to like the thighs. I guess at the moment most of the backpiece is red and green, at times we have joked at the shop that my snake is either a Christmas snake or a Rabbitohs supporter (Google Rabbitohs) Once more is done on the warrior it should be a bit more a bit more colourful. If not I will be starting a new thread "Dual Thigh Piece Thread" :)

Although I swear I have had more specific comments on the colouring and designs on my thighs than the rest of it.

Well the whole thing is great of course. I think on the internet the focus is on the thighs because the majority of the pictures you show us are focused on the thighs!

I have tattoos and im getting another one this weekend. Need help trying to figure out what to get on my arm. I want it to have american historical significance. I have a back poece im currently working on of the painting of. George washington crossing the delaware river. I also have the join or die snake on my chest that ben franklin drew.. So yeah you get the idea.. Cant decide waht to get. All ideas will be very helpful thankyou

Needs its own thread, but - native Americans should be included, perhaps the Liberty Bell, Statue of Liberty, Columbus landing in the Caribbean, Daniel Boone. Declaration of Independence. A turkey? You know they were strongly considered as the American Bird.

Finally finished my back last night. Yup @a1steaks - back to running next week - congrats on yours too! I'm going to wait and post healed pics so I can show the sides too, but Sean posted the straight-on shot on his instagram.

All sorts of funny milestones have been going through my head. The last 5 am drive home. I just took my last "first" shower. Coincidentally, the bottle of Dial soap is nearly out. It's the last week of smelling like Redemption. The last week of red welts from the painters tape on my stomach. The last week of really uncomfortable sleeping.

I was somewhat out of my mind with exhaustion and chills at the end - I actually said goodbye to the massage chair. ::rolls eyes::