So here's a long overdue update on my back. its coming along...Unfortunatley life gets in the way and I wont be back for more work until mid November and I'll have to book some more appointments soon for december and into the new year.

I was really hoping ot get to Montreal for some more work and check out the convention scene but Im in a wedding that weekend so it'll have to wait for next year.

anyways, done by Scott Duncan at Sugar Shack Tattoo in Kincardine ON. He's one hell of a guy, and I love going there

@Cork Thanks man! Im really happy with how its all coming together.

You know, its funny, I read a lot of posts about it being bittersweet when a back piece is finishing up, but for me, I can't wait for it to be over. Don't get me wrong, I love the experience, the talks and hanging out at the shop, but lately my pain tolerance has been damn near zero. I feel like I've been sitting horribly. Its not like I'm tired, we were going every 6 weeks and they haven't been marathon sits, only like 4 hours or so. I can't explain it, it sucks right now getting tattooed. Haha.

Hasn't stopped me from thinking about my next piece though...

@Shaggy - wow that is amazing! So much color and so readable from a distance. I remember we started our backs the same month. Very cool to be finished, right? Enjoy that amazing piece!

Thanks @SeeSea for the kind words. BTW love how yours turned out, so detailed and even cooler knowing it is connected to a passion of yours. Finishing a backpiece I still think is quite an achievement. I know at times I was almost going through the motion/grind of going every 2 weeks for another session with little or no perceived progress. The all of a sudden we were talking about only a handfull of sessions left then we were down to doing the last few touch ups and senjafuda. Job done. :) A long haul at times but definitely worth it x1000.

It has however inspired me to continue and we have already discussed rough ideas for front and legs. Although for now I am having 6 months and the summer off. Between laser,sleeves,chest and back I have basically been going constantly for 3 years. Time for a break. :)

@jacobyoung That is a very bold piece, I like it nice choice of colours.

Some of you have already seen this, but we finished my back yesterday. Some of it is still fresh and angry, so I'll get better pictures when it's healed and settled in. Dave Cummings at PSC Tattoo in Montreal did this. Dave is the man, get tattooed by him.

Wonderful to see this done! I just love this design - the colors are spectacular and maple leaf accents - those huge paws - you've heard me drool over this before, but congrats finishing it up!

Some of you have already seen this, but we finished my back yesterday. Some of it is still fresh and angry, so I'll get better pictures when it's healed and settled in. Dave Cummings at PSC Tattoo in Montreal did this. Dave is the man, get tattooed by him.

Congrats! Super jealous.

[ATTACH]12938[/ATTACH]

HERE IT IS

I briefly saw this in the post-PAX haze, and then I couldn't find it again. I am such a huge fan of the way that tiger was done. It's fierce but has a different face than I've usually seen, and those PAWS.

Still sort of sad that I didn't get to see that in person (though I obviously don't expect someone who doesn't know me to take off clothes just because they have a famously amazing backpiece). It is perfect and I definitely want some combination of fighting animals on me, too.

- - - Updated - - -

I am such a huge fan of the way that tiger was done. It's fierce but has a different face than I've usually seen, and those PAWS.

I love the face, too. The brow markings give it such personality. It's a detail that's easy to overlook, but it seems so essential when it's done so beautifully.

@sophistre @polliwog Thanks! I love how Dave does his tigers. Obviously. When I first met with him and was looking through his portfolio I saw not only that he's tattooed a lot of tigers, but also that each one seemed to have its own expression and personality. He doesn't just draw them in one way. The paws are one of my favourite parts. They're huge. The only thing I don't absolutely love about this tattoo is that it's on my back and so I can't see it.

The face makes it seem a bit more cat-like, which I think is a good thing because wildcats and domestic cats have moments where their behaviors can be strikingly similar. Like, some tattooed tigers look really fierce, in a way that can be a little one-dimensional (to me, not trying to put down anyone's taste in tigers), but yours also has that determined gleam in its eye that I recognize from my own cats stalking a vole or something. I like it.

• 2 weeks later...