@ironchef - wow. Just wow. Wow. It's hard to believe the last time you had work done was a year ago. It doesn't seem that long ago that I saw the gorgeous orange of the feathers and drooled over the composition. Seeing it finished like this is mind-blowing! The colors are amazing - over the top but not a mess. I appreciate that the design is not as busy as some backpieces which IMO sometimes has a stronger impact. Boy, the more I hang around here, the more back-crushes I have, and this is one of them.

Congratulations on an amazing piece, and for finally being finished!

• 2 weeks later...
First session from my long and humbling journey with Horitomo, in August. Ignorantly assumed that I'd be able to schedule within 90 days and was sadly mistaken. Won't have my next appointment until July. It's probably for the better, I needed to pump the brakes.

shou_backpiece_thumb.jpg

Kore posted a picture so I thought I'd share it here

Shou from 36 Ghost by Horiyoshi3

Made by Kore Flatmo

About 30 hours so far

Both looking dope. Thumbs up!

I figured it was time to contribute! I've really enjoyed all your pics/post the last couple years...good stuff.

This is my mountain goat piece. I'm into it 60 of estimated 70hrs but who we kidding...I'll keep going. I've been flying down to Guru Tattoo in San Diego from the Pacific Northwest every other month since March. The artist is Aaron Della Vedova. I've been doing two 6 hour sessions each visit accompanied by a miserable flight home. I had an existing shoulder piece/mountain scene that he tied into.

I'm heading down next week for another beating. This is where I'm at so far...

I figured it was time to contribute! I've really enjoyed all your pics/post the last couple years...good stuff.

This is my mountain goat piece. I'm into it 60 of estimated 70hrs but who we kidding...I'll keep going. I've been flying down to Guru Tattoo in San Diego from the Pacific Northwest every other month since March. The artist is Aaron Della Vedova. I've been doing two 6 hour sessions each visit accompanied by a miserable flight home. I had an existing shoulder piece/mountain scene that he tied into.

Incredible work, and likely the best second post on LST ever!

Sweet man! Keep us posted on progress.