Speaking of Miyazo ;) http://www.miyazo.com/welcome.html

miyazo_tat008.jpg

^^ wow. just wow.

miyazo_tat001.jpg

miyazo_tat010.jpg

miyazo_tat088.jpg

In the series I posted above, Horistune talks about how important the background is, and how when a client comes to him with an idea its the first thing he thinks of. Well, I think he has passed on those ideals to Miyazo perfectly - every time I look at his backgrounds I could get lost for hours

I'm more a fan of the traditional american look of a bunch of tattoos all over with probably stars and dots or that type of filler.

I know this is the back piece thread ,but seeing Josh Arment's back in person and seeing Cory Lenherrs clients front demonstrates to me the power of this look .American badass with a Japanese vibe.

Cool thanks mate ,cause after I posted I thought to myself, my last sentence could also apply to you .

Ha! [inside joke]We'll see how long it takes me to squat 185 "to fifty" today--then you can tell me if I'm an American badass.[/inside joke]

I know this is the back piece thread ,but seeing Josh Arment's back in person and seeing Cory Lenherrs clients front demonstrates to me the power of this look .American badass with a Japanese vibe.

Those are tough as nails, too bad that guy looks like such a p*ssy (just kidding)! I have screenshots of this (come to think of it the only things I have pictures of on my iPhone are tattoos and my kids)

I'm getting a tiger and panther circling each other and fighting. When he did a rough drawing on my back it filled up the space nicely so there might not be room for background. It's going from the top of my back/bottom of neck to half way down the back of my thighs hopefully. 4 hours of outlining tomorrow. Can't wait. Plus it will match all the stuff on my front that Stewart has done :D

That sounds fucking AWESOME @asradin!!! I'm jelous as hell, but I don't envy the pain you must suffer through. Jesus! I definitely prefer backpieces that goes all the way down to the back of your thighs, and that's what I'm also aiming to get some day. I'm not sure, but I think it was Stewart that at some point said that if you don't go down to the back of your thighs, what else are you going to get there that will look better, or something along those lines. Sorry if I accidentally misquoted you @Stewart Robson

Plus it will match all the stuff on my front that Stewart has done :D

Oh, please do share!! :D

Just came across this today. It's my man's back done by Jeff Rassier. It's almost done now, the picture is kind of old.

Also can't wait to see that backpiece Stewart

@Ursula I think I remember seeing the drawing for this on Jeff's blog. I loved it then and I'm loving it now! Your man is a lucky man. I'd love to get something from Rassier someday.

So yesterday was interesting. By the time I started my back piece I'd been up for 30 hours working. But the lining is pretty much done. Here's the link to his blog:

Panther vs Tiger in Progress – Stewart Robson

The sparrows were a suggestion from @Stewart Robson and from the Amund Dietzel book and I think an excellent idea. Can't wait to get the lining finished and start on the shading :)

@asradin - man, what can I say? Thats fucking bad ass!! Speaking of ass, how was it down there? (*waits for the innuendo to start flying, but seriously didn't know what else to say/how to ask the question? haha)

AND respect for sitting through that after 30 hours of being awake. One last question, how long was the session?

@Duffa It wasn't too bad, It feels really pinch to start with but after a few lines you get used to it and for me it started to tickle. The nastiest bits were by the kidneys and getting round to the ribs. Although I think my lack of sleep made the pain worse but it wasn't unbearable which is a good thing for me.