Didn't know whether to get the backs of my legs covered as part of my back piece, but my artist didn't have a hard time talking me into it. Now, they're one of my favorite parts of the tatto and the whole idea make sense to me, aesthetically speaking. What's the thinking behind not getting that area done? I'm guessing style choices play a role in this (from what I gather, traditional American doesn't lend itself to that look as much as Japanese does), but I still see a lot of back pieces that end somewhere above the legs. Why the reluctance to hit the hammies?

Didn't know whether to get the backs of my legs covered as part of my back piece, but my artist didn't have a hard time talking me into it. Now, they're one of my favorite parts of the tatto and the whole idea make sense to me, aesthetically speaking. What's the thinking behind not getting that area done? I'm guessing style choices play a role in this (from what I gather, traditional American doesn't lend itself to that look as much as Japanese does), but I still see a lot of back pieces that end somewhere above the legs. Why the reluctance to hit the hammies?

Are you planning on posting some pics? Would enjoy seeing some updated shots of Jay's work.....

I went into Immaculate right before the new year. Looking to schedule a session with Aaron Coleman.

What's the thinking behind not getting that area done? I'm guessing style choices play a role in this (from what I gather, traditional American doesn't lend itself to that look as much as Japanese does), but I still see a lot of back pieces that end somewhere above the legs. Why the reluctance to hit the hammies?

Just personal preference dude! Personally, I haven't decided if I'm gonna ass-and-hammie it up when I get to my back. I'll figure it out when I get there.

No hammies for me, and my backpiece is Japanese imagery. I wanted my back to look like a big one shot tattoo. I will finish the flames, but I haven't decided if I will do any background at all.

I'm trying to imagine how one would handle going to the toilet. I'm guessing carry seat covers everywhere, or perfect the kanga-squat O.o

Even with seat covers, I definitely appreciated the handrails in disabled stalls while healing my ass. It helps a lot with hovering! Honestly though, I didn't have a hard time sitting. Getting up again was much more annoying.

Even with seat covers, I definitely appreciated the handrails in disabled stalls while healing my ass. It helps a lot with hovering! Honestly though, I didn't have a hard time sitting. Getting up again was much more annoying.

Wow. just read all 21 pages. (all great stuff of coarse) But it really took a strange turn here towards the end! lol

@Avery Taylor: Nice tattoo.

Are you planning on posting some pics? Would enjoy seeing some updated shots of Jay's work.....

I went into Immaculate right before the new year. Looking to schedule a session with Aaron Coleman.

That's cool. Aaron does great stuff, no doubt.

I haven't posted any pics because despite my initial intention to document the whole process, I've ended up with only a handful of crappy cell phone pics.

As for the healing, maybe I've just been lucky, but the ass/legs weren't that big a deal. Sometimes out of the blue I'd feel as though a blow torch was heating up my hammies, but even got used to that after a while.