I joined just to contribute a photo of my neck-to-knees backpiece done by Dan Wysuph at Samuel O'Reilly's in Santa Cruz, CA. My username here was derived from the nickname I earned by spending so much time naked in their shop. I think Adam Barton originally coined it and everyone there calls me that to this day.

1ef7815f.jpg

It took 20 three-hour sessions over the course of almost 2 years. To answer an earlier question regarding healing, it is not sitting on fresh tattoo that hurts, it's sitting down or standing up, or just about any other activity that makes your clothes (or sheets!) rub the area. Also, having a wife to help with the cleaning aspect of the healing process was a huge help.

-1891-

I joined just to contribute a photo of my neck-to-knees backpiece done by Dan Wysuph at Samuel O'Reilly's in Santa Cruz, CA. My username here was derived from the nickname I earned by spending so much time naked in their shop. I think Adam Barton originally coined it and everyone there calls me that to this day.

1ef7815f.jpg

It took 20 three-hour sessions over the course of almost 2 years. To answer an earlier question regarding healing, it is not sitting on fresh tattoo that hurts, it's sitting down or standing up, or just about any other activity that makes your clothes (or sheets!) rub the area. Also, having a wife to help with the cleaning aspect of the healing process was a huge help.

-1891-

I am speechless, that is a remarkable!!! and WELCOME to LST!

• 2 weeks later...

6848263030_9eef1b3e8e_z.jpg

6994386387_8069cb9002_z.jpg

Hi everyone. I enjoy lurking this forum and wanted to show off my finished back tattoo, completed courtesy Dave Kotinsley at Anthem Tattoo. The original outline was put on about 20 years ago by... uhhh... let's just say it was someone who stuck with it and evolved into an excellent legitimate tattooer and leave it at that. Anyway, I walked around with a scarred-up, blown-out scribble on my back for about 16 years before convincing Dave to redo everything and finish it up. Last sitting was last week. I couldn't be happier - when I was a kid I saw a pic of Rollo's famous Godzilla tattoo on Prince Hughes and thought, "That's the kind of thing I need on me." I walked around with a hot mess for a long time, never thinking I'd be able to do anything with it, so to get it finished is a real treat.

Now you got us all wondering!

Looks good, man.

Ha ha, I don't mean to be mysterious - I just don't want to dog the guy in public, because I consider him a friend and am happy he's progressed. At the same time, it's worth mentioning Dave @ Anthem didn't tattoo the original outline - placement et al might have been a little different if he had (or maybe not - who knows). Regardless, I'm extremely happy with the final piece.

Also, can I say there's nothing quite like a patch of psoriasis the approximate size and shape of a silver dollar to offset and highlight something like this? Everyone should consider getting themselves a few nifty patches of psoriasis.

Session 3 completed......still long way to go...claws, phoenix etc

I need some advice regarding etiquette for getting the arse tattooed. Do I need to get special underwear or just drop em??? I'm not fussed just don't want to make the staff and customers feel uncomfortable lol Sure they have seen worse !!! Cheers Jon

photo_thumb.jpg

Session 3 completed......still long way to go...claws, phoenix etc

I need some advice regarding etiquette for getting the arse tattooed. Do I need to get special underwear or just drop em??? I'm not fussed just don't want to make the staff and customers feel uncomfortable lol Sure they have seen worse !!! Cheers Jon

photo_thumb.jpg

I didn't wear any special underwear when I got my ass tattooed. Just made sure they were clean and that I'd showered before hand :)

I didn't wear any special underwear when I got my ass tattooed. Just made sure they were clean and that I'd showered before hand :)

Cheers Asradin, not sure I'm going to be able to wear any as the design goes all the way across it, or do you just give yourself a wedgie ?lol