Anybody else hit a wall at some point during their back piece journey?

Had my tenth session yesterday and really wasn't digging the pain. First we moved down my side before hitting right over my spine. The last half hour felt like an eternity. By the time we wrapped up, I was a tad surly and kind of nonplussed with the process.

I know the feeling will fade, but it's the first time that this whole thing felt like a drag.

Had my tenth session yesterday and really wasn't digging the pain. First we moved down my side before hitting right over my spine. The last half hour felt like an eternity. By the time we wrapped up, I was a tad surly and kind of nonplussed with the process.

I know the feeling will fade, but it's the first time that this whole thing felt like a drag.

You'll sit better some days than others, based on several factors (hydration, amount of sleep, overall mood, etc.). You'll make it. How far along are you?

For me I other than the stated environmental factors, I have discussed this with my other tattooed friends. When dealing with a large multi-session tattoo, you can begin to get tired of getting tattooed day-in-day-out. Towards the end of a multi-session tattoo I usually feel like "I want it done already!" in my head. My friend got to this point after a year solid working on his side.

Yeah, I hit walls all the time. It really is just how Hogg says. Seems like the first half is easy then we take a break and then my body just loses it, time goes by so slowly and it just gets more and more painful. Always just suck it up and stick though it. I usually get tattooed for 3 months every week then a month off. Ice had a 2 month break right now, but I'm starting again this Sunday.. Looking forward to it.

Yeah, I hit walls all the time. It really is just how Hogg says. Seems like the first half is easy then we take a break and then my body just loses it, time goes by so slowly and it just gets more and more painful. Always just suck it up and stick though it. I usually get tattooed for 3 months every week then a month off. Ice had a 2 month break right now, but I'm starting again this Sunday.. Looking forward to it.

How far along are you at this point? You were in progress when this site first launched, right? If memory serves, you're doing back, full legs, and...sleeves? Donburi or kawa?

That is fantastic! I saw that snake head on his Instagram the other day. So, so good.

Thanks. I'm really happy with the snake head.

I got confused when he asked me what scales I wanted blue and green. I mistakenly thought I was asking for the reverse of what I actually asked for. It was a mild shock when I looked in the mirror and the snake's head wasn't the beautiful blue hue I envisioned. Ha! My bad for not communicating exactly what I wanted. Still got a super cool snake head, though.

@hogg donburi, and when this site launched was just about the time I was starting. So far I have 1XX hours but I stopped keeping track, one full leg done and a backpiece that was started last autumn. I screwed up though with choosing to do a leg first, but at the time I wasn't sure if I wanted a suit our not. So I started out with the intention of squid pants and changed my mind along the way....... But now I wish I would have started with my back.

@hogg donburi, and when this site launched was just about the time I was starting. So far I have 1XX hours but I stopped keeping track, one full leg done and a backpiece that was started last autumn. I screwed up though with choosing to do a leg first, but at the time I wasn't sure if I wanted a suit our not. So I started out with the intention of squid pants and changed my mind along the way....... But now I wish I would have started with my back.

Wow! If you're going full donburi, then it won't matter how you started. It'll be all about where you end up.

Dan Rick:

tumblr_lz5pn4WqJw1qivwxbo1_500.jpg

I really like all the components of that (in particular the use of the flags to cap it off) but I feel like there's just too much going on. It seems like it's all in your face foreground and I have a hard time focusing on it without background to balance it. Maybe that's just me. Either way it's an awesome tattoo.