4-5 hours? No fucking way. He would be the fastest tattooer ever. I was thinking like 8-10 hours.

Since he was updating the progress in real time, some one made a comment that the final pic was posted only like 4-5 hours after he put the stencil on. I could be wrong though. But I don't know how that guy could sit for 8-10 hours any way... yikes.

What he's done on my arm so far (look at latest tattoo lowdown or the dotwork thread for a picture) was two hours of tattooing and there are a lot of lines there. He's really fast, especially for the complexity of his tattoos. He's amazing.

He updated his website recently but before the update if you dug back far enough he had a post about how that really amazing skull backpiece he did took 29.5 hours and dude looks like he has a good sized back too.

Since he was updating the progress in real time, some one made a comment that the final pic was posted only like 4-5 hours after he put the stencil on. I could be wrong though. But I don't know how that guy could sit for 8-10 hours any way... yikes.
He is insanely fast!
Thomas tattooed Tony Hundahl's head, and Tony told me that it was very fast for how intricate the tattoo is. I would be surprised if it took more than five hours for him to do that outline.

I would love to see him tattoo or get tattooed by him. That kind of fast boggles my mind.

4th hit on my back. 7 hours on veil and leaves. Once healed veil will be an opaque grey to distinguish from the black and grey background, everything under the veil will be boosted once healed aswell,Thanks.

Looks so amazing!

- - - Updated - - -

4th hit on my back. 7 hours on veil and leaves. Once healed veil will be an opaque grey to distinguish from the black and grey background, everything under the veil will be boosted once healed aswell,Thanks.

Looks so amazing!

i always wondered how bad it would be to heal a back piece. how is sleeping? more importantly, how do you put any kind of lotion on the tattoo?

scrolling through the awesomness

in my case healing was pretty quick, sleeping was best done on side and lotion is tricky but can be done solo if needed. IT helps to have long arms but using backsides of hands(to apply lotion) and also using other arm to assist in stretch make it possible. Luckily my wife and 3 yr old are up for the daily challenge of feeding my backpiece its lotion

After 14 sessions spanning 15 months, I'm thrilled to say that my back piece--courtesy of Jay Cavna--is finished. It's a rooster/boar/snake battle royale with peonies. We just wrapped it up a few hours ago. I couldn't be happier with it and am blown away by Jay's skill and commitment to his work.

Here's the pic.