A place to post pictures of yours or ones that you drool over.

There are few things better than a well thought out and executed full back piece. So much potential as it's the largest solid flat plane on your body.

I'll start with this one that Thomas Hooper just posted on his blog as in progress. So awesome! For those who aren't familiar with Hooper he works at the great shop New York Adorned

behold-the-challice-thomas-hooper-tattooing-nyc-january-13-2011001.jpg?w=740&h=1039

Great examples ,i really like how Tim's ends high on the glutes .Heres some of my favourites.

First ones by Grime love the effect of the clouds on this.

Next up by Theo Mindell who has some of the best back pieces around .

Classic rock of ages from Luke Wessman ,no stranger to this site

I saw that backpiece Grime did like 7rs.ago when i was in Seattle.It's on a tattooer named Collin Delgado..It's visually a really strong tattoo.And Collin also does excellent asian style work@ Hidden Hand Tattoo - home

Great examples ,i really like how Tim's ends high on the glutes .Heres some of my favourites.

First ones by Grime love the effect of the clouds on this.

Next up by Theo Mindell who has some of the best back pieces around .

Classic rock of ages from Luke Wessman ,no stranger to this site

Theo rules. That piece rules. There's a back piece of his I love on the Spider Murphy's site with a skeleton kissing a woman. Can't find a direct image to link to so just go here and check it out in his portfolio

I think I misunderstood. LOL :) ("Big tribal type work could be a solution for olympic cyclists,swimmers looking for more streamlined suits .Mandatory tattooing for athletes").

I was thinking he meant that not wearing body suits for athletic performance but to tattoo them on in place of. I got this horrible image in my head of some dude performing pole vaulting with just a tattoo of a speedo.

Sorry i'm a back fiend so i'm all over this thread.More then from Jeff Zuck and the great Richard Stell.The piece from Richard Stell puts me of the mind of a t-shirt by Vivienne Westwood ,British designer;probably most relevant to this site as clothing the Sex Pistols

No apologies necessary. I love coming into this thread and seeing rad stuff.

Here's my contributions for today. All by Tim Lehi. I wish these pictures were better so I could see more of the detail...

6190019f-441d-4a4e-a133-fd4a9c8dacec.JPG

3ade22cc-269b-4345-bb54-a7b34fd0836b.JPG

157da80c-896a-4f1e-a9ab-bd4cb5c7667f.jpg

IMG_3451.JPG

The Kuniyoshi woodblock print of Rori Hakucho Chojun is a very common choice for Japanese back pieces:

02.jpg

Click here for a ridiculously huge version of it done by one of my very favorite artists, Horiyasu (of Asakusa). While you're there, go to WELCOM To ASAKUSA HORIYASU and check out the rest of his work: all of it is stunning.

But far and away my favorite interpretation of it is by Chris Brand (on Ben Grillo):

l_f8180e1a932c479c9a1ae142d8b215f1.jpg

Cholo Samurai in the L.A. River, dodgin' bullets with a switchblade in his teeth and a bunch of single-needle tattoos. I'm not positive, but I think that Jack Rudy did a few of the tattoos on the Cholo himself.

The Kuniyoshi woodblock print of Rori Hakucho Chojun is a very common choice for Japanese back pieces:

02.jpg

Click here for a ridiculously huge version of it done by one of my very favorite artists, Horiyasu (of Asakusa). While you're there, go to WELCOM To ASAKUSA HORIYASU and check out the rest of his work: all of it is stunning.

But far and away my favorite interpretation of it is by Chris Brand (on Ben Grillo):

l_f8180e1a932c479c9a1ae142d8b215f1.jpg

Cholo Samurai in the L.A. River, dodgin' bullets with a switchblade in his teeth and a bunch of single-needle tattoos. I'm not positive, but I think that Jack Rudy did a few of the tattoos on the Cholo himself.

this. post. rules.

seriously you set the bar for this thread pretty high here Hogg