Thank you for all the kind words everyone. Getting tattooed has been a great experience thus far and I've met some really fantastic people. I'm very happy with how this back piece is turning out so far. I'm posted pics of my arms and thighs in my gallery and also an intro in the Initiation section. I'll be seeing Rubendall again mid March. I believe we're going to outline the back of the left thigh and shade that as well.

Holy hell this thread is getting destroyed lately. I love it.

So after getting your ass done, how do you work travel? What is it like driving with a flaming ass cheek? Do you get a chauffeur and you lay in the back seat? This is one major concern of mine because when I (hopefully) start mine, I will be travelling up to 3 hours for the sessions. I can't imagine what the drive home would feel like immediately following a long session.

@Cork I've been lucky in the fact that I live really close to the Kings Avenue NYC shop. I'm literally a 15-20 minute walk away. At the end of my last session last Tuesday 2/12 my butt/lower back was pretty tender from Rubendall shading for over 4+ hours. Including the tattoo session, I took a couple of days extra off to recoup. Slept on my stomach and spent of the time either lying on the couch or in bed with my iPhone and iPad.

I went back to the office a couple of days later but again, lucky in the fact that my commute to work is about 30 minute walk. In NYC, everyone walks around or gets on the subway or buses since locations since most things are right at your doorstep.

My personal suggestion is to get a soft pillow or cushion to help with your tattoo commute. I cannot imagine sitting for three hours on a car ride back home after getting inked.

Holy hell this thread is getting destroyed lately. I love it.

So after getting your ass done, how do you work travel? What is it like driving with a flaming ass cheek? Do you get a chauffeur and you lay in the back seat? This is one major concern of mine because when I (hopefully) start mine, I will be travelling up to 3 hours for the sessions. I can't imagine what the drive home would feel like immediately following a long session.

when i got my ass done it stuck to my underwear and it was NOT fun peeling it off... i also had to wrap saran wrap on my toilet seat to deuce. if i can find a way to heal with the dry wrap method on my ass i would, but seems kind of impossible to me.

when i got my ass done it stuck to my underwear and it was NOT fun peeling it off... i also had to wrap saran wrap on my toilet seat to deuce. if i can find a way to heal with the dry wrap method on my ass i would, but seems kind of impossible to me.
Wear loose clothes, and start doing squats now. You'll want to be able to take a dump while holding yourself up over the toilet seat!

Oh shit I didn't even think about the toilet. Thanks for the insight. This is one more reason why squat toilets are superior.

Oh shit I didn't even think about the toilet. Thanks for the insight. This is one more reason why squat toilets are superior.

Yeah dude, that's definitely something you need to take into account. I'm Asian, so squatting is in my blood, hahaha (yeah, I said it!). You'll also need to mind your reach around to wipe and which direction so as not to wipe into your tattoo. Don't make too big a deal out of it, but all those little habits and normal processes we take for granted everyday come into play when you're literally a walking wounded tattoo warrior, haha.

Mostly grew up in Buffalo and have relatives in Rochester.

And Wegman's has awesome horseradish cheese.

Without threadjacking...I miss the wings and beef on weck. Plus back in my college days, the exchange rate in Canada was amazing. I worked at Wegman's for a few years and all my family in Syracuse all work at Wegman's, hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update of more work from Rubendall on my collaboration backpiece. His attention to detail is fantastic and looking at his water makes me sea sick! More to come before I take a break over the summer. Hope to see Henning soon to continue the upper portion of the backpiece. Enjoy the pics folks. FYI, there's some work that's still healing and of course new work. Will have fully healed pics in a couple of months.

8555632026_494a8fd037_b.jpg

8554521605_a424f8af94_b.jpg

8555631770_f27a7900be_b.jpg

Quick update of more work from Rubendall on my collaboration backpiece. His attention to detail is fantastic and looking at his water makes me sea sick! More to come before I take a break over the summer. Hope to see Henning soon to continue the upper portion of the backpiece. Enjoy the pics folks. FYI, there's some work that's still healing and of course new work. Will have fully healed pics in a couple of months.

more this kinda post

so good

so so good

oh and

@ironchef who did your sleeves and that thigh koi?

@BrianH Henning did my 3/4 sleeves (koi, cherry blossoms, splashing water, peony on left arm, dragon and clouds on right arm) and also my left thigh as well (two koi with cherry blossoms and splashing water). Henning's thigh piece is still not finished yet. Have to finish coloring some cherry blossoms. Rubendall blended everything together so well, looks damn near seamless!

- - - Updated - - -

more this kinda post

so good

so so good

oh and

@Scott R

HAHAHAHAHAHA! As Rubendall said, it's that Asian skin, hahahahahahahahaha