• 3 weeks later...
Well, I just prepped myself for my appointment with Dana tomorrow. I'm no stranger to hair removal, but to only have cleared one side of my body just feels really weird. Shoulders to knees is now as smooth as it's ever been. Hopefully that will help make me feel less awkward. He might be used to it, but I'm not. :o

What's the piece going to be? Make sure to document the process with lots of photos so that you can share! :p

I'm heading back to see Rubendall tomorrow for more work on my back. We're going to shade in the rest of my thigh...maybe even start some color!

This thread has been making me envious for a while now, so I decided to get the ball rolling on a back piece. We're in the very basic planning stages right now, just throwing around ideas, and it won't get started until July. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited, right now my torso is completely bare so it will be nice to start chipping away at it. I'll post more details and of course photos as things progress.

What's the piece going to be? Make sure to document the process with lots of photos so that you can share! :p

I'm heading back to see Rubendall tomorrow for more work on my back. We're going to shade in the rest of my thigh...maybe even start some color!

It's going to be Kongo Yasha Myo-o. This guy, with influence from this statue. I haven't seen the design yet, but I'm pretty sure he is going to knock it out of the park.

Can't wait to see more of the progress on your back.

Posted this over in the May tattoo of the month contest. Just finished a couple weeks ago. I don't have any real crisp pictures of it. I'm stoked to have it finished. Work by Rodney Raines, Ace Custom Tattoo, Charlotte, NC.

that's crazy man, I saw the progress in Instagram. Isn't it a big cover up as well?

that's crazy man, I saw the progress in Instagram. Isn't it a big cover up as well?

Thanks. There are cover ups on my shoulder blades in the body of the brown snake. The tattoos were almost 25 years old, so the had a little wear and tear on them and were able to be hidden nicely.

@ironchef and @Cork those are going to be some awesome backpieces! @ironchef looks like the worst of the butt is over for you... i did NOT enjoy getting my ass tattooed, it was very SPICEY! So glad I'm not sticking to the sheets anymore...

I sleep on my stomach. Not the most pleasant nor more comfortable but it's only for a couple of weeks. Can't imagine sleeping on my back after the torture I endured today, hahaha.

@ironchef, @MoistTowelette and @Cork lining up some seriously killer tattoos here. Banner day for the Sparrow!

I'm just really happy to be able to share this with like minded people and also to see and witness some amazing tattoos from other artists. Thanks to you @hogg and the other mods plus Scott for giving us a forum to play in. I'm like a kid in a candy store these days! :D