how many sittings is that?

I will have to check on my computer/calendar at home, but I am pretty sure that it was 14 sessions varying from 2-4 hours with one or two a little longer (5-6). I am no small guy and it has a lot of detail.

Since my backpiece was posted on instagram I will re-post it here; although the background has not been started.

Done by Jill Bonny at State of Grace. The pics were taken from instagram. I may post better pics when healed. (Birds are old tattoos)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9089[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9090[/ATTACH]

Well done! It looks fantastic! Nice little elements in there. Can't wait to see it when the background and sleeves are added :-)

I'm a new poster here, and thought i'd say hi in this thread.

My backpiece, finished a couple of months ago, by the amazing Stewart Robson of Frith Street tattoo. It was an absolute pleasure getting this piece, and getting to spend time with such a knowledgeable and insightful guy; an experience I was very lucky to have.

Excuse the inlarged instagram pic, it's all I have

backfinal_zps6294b0af.jpg

You definitely won with that didn't you... Probably my favorite piece I have seen from Stewart.

My backpiece, finished a couple of months ago, by the amazing Stewart Robson of Frith Street tattoo. It was an absolute pleasure getting this piece, and getting to spend time with such a knowledgeable and insightful guy; an experience I was very lucky to have.

@Takeaway: Oh, YOU'RE that guy! Absolutely amazing tattoo. I really enjoyed watching the pics @Stewart Robson posted of the progress. The whole thing's great, but that background is particularly inspired.

And welcome to LST. Helluva first post.

exactly as if the dragon wasnt good enough the maple leafs rule just as hard. @Takeaway so good man, Ive inadvertently starred at your ass on occasion

There are some outstanding back pieces in this thread and it's ridiculous. @ironchef I think you were at King Ave getting work done on your back while I was having my second session with Chris. I think it was on a Tuesday some time back in May if I'm not mistaken. I wanted to get a closer look at it but didn't want to bother you guys. As for back pieces go here is one that O'Donnell just did. Not sure if it's from anyone here but this thing is unreal.

89c6789ad8e411e2a17a22000a1fd129_7.jpg

There are some outstanding back pieces in this thread and it's ridiculous. @ironchef I think you were at King Ave getting work done on your back while I was having my second session with Chris. I think it was on a Tuesday some time back in May if I'm not mistaken. I wanted to get a closer look at it but didn't want to bother you guys.

If it was a Tuesday in May, most likely it was me. You should have definitely stopped by and said hello and I would have loved to see your piece from O'Donnell up close. I'm off for the summer and start things up again in October with Mike. Will keep you posted if you want to drop by. I'm talking to Chris about a calf sleeve after my back piece is done.

Awesome! Also I'm not gunna lie I was secretly waiting for Stewart's signature to come out into the public.

I saw this one last night on the Tattooland instagram. Chris Brand, 108 Heroes of Los Angeles. SO GOOD.

Here are two more of these that I can find readily on the internet... I would maybe roll my eyes at these if they weren't executed so fucking flawlessly. Really amazing tattoos. Facebook links, I hope that works.

265143_420892161321735_1803157874_n.jpg

295462_420892344655050_1227199368_n.jpg