Yep. I think Chris's dream is to do cholo versions of all 108 heroes of the marsh. The ones I've seen are, like all his stuff, incredible.

^^^ That would be amazing! In regards to "rolling eyes", it helps to know the history and weight of the style, the stories of the suikoden, and parallels of those stories and what Brand is portraying. When that happens, minds are blown! Splatter and spray everywhere.

Seeing Ben Grillo's back was cool the first time. Seeing it after I realized it was based on one of the stories. My jaw de-hinged itself. And Drew's back is sick. The man should just tattoo half nekkid like Tomo of Yellowblaze, cuz no one will ever get tired of seeing that back.

I saw this one last night on the Tattooland instagram. Chris Brand, 108 Heroes of Los Angeles. SO GOOD.

f333936edbb211e2a1c622000a1fbcae_7.jpg

I didn't read the description and just glanced over this yesterday and thought, "cool Suikoden back piece". It wasn't until I saw the next one just now that I realized what was going on here. That is fantastic. I think my mind is actually a little blown.

^^^^^That top one is on Ben Grillo, the bottom one is on Drew Flores.

I have no idea why anyone would roll their eyes at these; I think they're brilliant.

Not rolling my eyes at all, just saying that if these concepts had been done by a lesser artist they would perhaps be ethically questionable in my opinion. There is a certain responsibility and respect required when using and adapting certain source materials and these pieces push the envelope in terms of contemporary interpretation. But again, no beef with these at all.

Ah ok so the fine line is also called single needle. I didn't know the lingo.

It might not have been as bad if it weren't the last thing he did on me after already laying there for 5.5 hours' date=' ha.

And here is a cool pic of the face that I (my wife) took so you can see it more clearly.[/quote']

So good! That hair is awesome. Dana's such a nice dude.

On the last color session of my leg with Dana, when he finished the color he said he was going to go back and do some "quick touch ups" on some of the lines. I was mentally prepared to be done in 15min. Then I sat for another 50 minutes while it felt like he went over every single line again. I very much appreciated his effort, but about 40min in I almost said "It looks great man, I'm good right there". :). I think it was because in my head I was almost finished so it kept going forever. That was rough.

@RScott He says he is good at pushing people and he's right. He was going to double up on a lot of my lines during the butt session but I couldn't take anymore. It's no fun when you make the decision that you can't handle anymore, but then you hold for just a little longer, and it turns in to way more time.

Your leg sure is a beaut.

@RScott He says he is good at pushing people and he's right. He was going to double up on a lot of my lines during the butt session but I couldn't take anymore. It's no fun when you make the decision that you can't handle anymore, but then you hold for just a little longer, and it turns in to way more time.

Your leg sure is a beaut.

Thanks man. I believe that - we has a couple of 5-6 hour sessions. I'll be looking for updates on your back on IG. When's the next sitting?

Thanks everyone I will post my sweet cheeks up once the hannya has healed and everything has settled. There are a lot of different shades in the blue and through the veil that aren't apparent in the pics. @Iwar I still have some space on both sides (ribs) and an open thigh other than that im filled in. @Badtaste Not too sure yet I want to come down for sure it just depends on the family. I won't be getting tattooed this time that is for sure. Are you coming home for the convention?

Thanks everyone I will post my sweet cheeks up once the hannya has healed and everything has settled. There are a lot of different shades in the blue and through the veil that aren't apparent in the pics. @Iwar I still have some space on both sides (ribs) and an open thigh other than that im filled in. @Badtaste Not too sure yet I want to come down for sure it just depends on the family. I won't be getting tattooed this time that is for sure. Are you coming home for the convention?

Yup I'll be there! Bringing some Canadians with me :p hopefully I'll get to see you there!