Thanks everyone im glad you all like it. @Hospitelli The idea of the veiled hannya, snake and Ginkgo leaves were mine but dean put it all together and made it killer. I already have an awesome hannya from Grime but it is the only image I wanted for my back piece, they work great on backs and its a classic image. @Duffa Thats an Idea bro!! Glad you dig it I look forward to the progress of yours now.

IMG_0126.jpg

Done by Horinao at The CatClaw Tattoo-Z Kyoto. Believe it or not this was just under 10 hours of tattooing in 2 days (6 first,4 second). So many damn lines!! Its based on one of Kuniyoshi's Suikoden prints - Tameijiro Dan Shogu

Some parts didn't hurt anywhere near as bad as I thought then others killed. Granted it was just the outline though ;)

- - - Updated - - -

And my tattoo has a tattoo, fuck yes.

Daaammnnn so jealous!!

Looks GREAT! You must of took a beating today from the looks of it. How bad was the pain?

I'm getting to the point now where I feel like I'm droning your ears off complaining about how bad it hurts. It was bad. 4 hours and I had to tap out. I was frustrated with myself, I really wanted to see that whole side finished.

I'm getting to the point now where I feel like I'm droning your ears off complaining about how bad it hurts. It was bad. 4 hours and I had to tap out. I was frustrated with myself, I really wanted to see that whole side finished.

Four hours is a loooong time on the back. Kudos!

Is it not a good idea to tattoo moles?

When you go back in, thank him for that. I've heard that it's not good to tattoo them because you wanna be able to see if the mole changes color. However, that didn't stop a certain someone from blasting right over a raised mole on my arm. It stung like you would not believe and I bled like a stuck pig (stuck Hogg?). I have moles all over my back that didn't get tattooed over. Luckily, my backpiece is a snake with a million dots, so it worked out well.

Well I started my back last week. Marie Sena, now at Lifetime Tattoo in Denver, is doing it. She recently worked at Stay Gold Tattoo in Albuquerque, and was in town for the Duke City Tattoo Fiesta, so we did my first session at Stay Gold. 2.5 hours, and we were able to do the bulk of the lines - only a few details left to outline for the most part.

Pain-wise, it wasn't as bad as I expected, I guess I prepared myself for the absolute worst. The area over the kidneys was pretty rough, but she said I took it like a champ, so I guess I handled it okay. It hasn't been very sore or bothersome, pretty itchy though - currently wishing I wasn't single, but I'm lucky that I have friends willing to help me lotion up those hard to reach spots. Super psyched to start such a big project, can't wait to work on it again!

• 2 weeks later...
When you go back in, thank him for that. I've heard that it's not good to tattoo them because you wanna be able to see if the mole changes color. However, that didn't stop a certain someone from blasting right over a raised mole on my arm. It stung like you would not believe and I bled like a stuck pig (stuck Hogg?). I have moles all over my back that didn't get tattooed over. Luckily, my backpiece is a snake with a million dots, so it worked out well.

I just had a mole pop up on a tattoo that was already there, I thought that was super bizarre. And yeah, it is still black...

@benlucastattoos GREAT job on the dragon! The face is awesome, great movement across the back, and good balance between fore/mid/background elements. Totally killer.