Got in a session with Henning yesterday at Kings Avenue Manhattan. Haven't seen him in a year and naturally he had a lot of catching up to do on the back piece in comparison to the head start Rubendall has had, haha. It was another 6+ hour session and it was pretty brutal. Side ribs and spine are no fun as you'll see in the pictures and I found myself constantly questioning..."Why am I doing to this myself???" Probably the worst pain I have felt so far getting tattooed. We managed to line and shade the background on my right side and also part of my lower back. I will see Henning again this Friday to line some more feathers and shade in the left side background and maybe finish coloring my koi thigh piece. Strangely ironic that this is marathon week in NYC (The ING NYC Marathon to be exact) because that is what these crammed in LONG sessions feel like. But totally worth it in the end. Enjoy the pics folks.

Doing some drawing to get a feel of what left side will be like come Friday

10575236534_778cdee654_o.jpg

Laying down the background and connecting it to Rubendall's work

10575237594_1c3598c760_o.jpg

A little more close up with a different angle

10575238644_2d7debc22d_o.jpg

Masters watching masters at work: Chris O'donnell and Richard Pinch observing and lending advice to Henning. I was in awe!

10575175365_b9baa5114b_o.jpg

Can't see much from this pic but we got a lot done and I was totally spent. More to come this Friday

10575176345_2eb65e5e4d_o.jpg

Got in a session with Henning yesterday at Kings Avenue Manhattan. Haven't seen him in a year and naturally he had a lot of catching up to do on the back piece in comparison to the head start Rubendall has had' date=' haha. It was another 6+ hour session and it was pretty brutal. Side ribs and spine are no fun as you'll see in the pictures and I found myself constantly questioning..."Why am I doing to this myself???" Probably the worst pain I have felt so far getting tattooed. We managed to line and shade the background on my right side and also part of my lower back. I will see Henning again this Friday to line some more feathers and shade in the left side background and maybe finish coloring my koi thigh piece. Strangely ironic that this is marathon week in NYC (The ING NYC Marathon to be exact) because that is what these crammed in LONG sessions feel like. But totally worth it in the end. Enjoy the pics folks. Doing some drawing to get a feel of what left side will be like come Friday [/url] Laying down the background and connecting it to Rubendall's work A little more close up with a different angle Masters watching masters at work: Chris O'donnell and Richard Pinch observing and lending advice to Henning. I was in awe! Can't see much from this pic but we got a lot done and I was totally spent. More to come this Friday

WOW!! It looks awesome, ironchef. All sorts of jealousy and sympathy pain are running through my body right now!

You have an incredible back piece in the works. I am in awe. Congratu-f*ing-lations, my friend. Well done!

Here is my Backpiece from @Stewart Robson started in London at FST November 2011. Did sessions in New York at Saved, SOG 2012, FST again in March and July 2013 and complete this past weekend at SOG. So between 2 continents, 3 cities and 60 isn hours this part of the journey is over. The piece is in the process of extending down the thighs and that will be completed at the end of November. Then we begin the front, have the subject picked out and stewart will be taking traces of me today.

Here is my Backpiece from @Stewart Robson started in London at FST November 2011. Did sessions in New York at Saved, SOG 2012, FST again in March and July 2013 and complete this past weekend at SOG. So between 2 continents, 3 cities and 60 isn hours this part of the journey is over. The piece is in the process of extending down the thighs and that will be completed at the end of November. Then we begin the front, have the subject picked out and stewart will be taking traces of me today.

Am I imagining it or were you originally planning on having a US based artist do your front?

You are my role model. Badassery in full effect! Times like this make me wish I went with only one tattoo artist. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming Stewart is the only artist?

You are my role model. Badassery in full effect! Times like this make me wish I went with only one tattoo artist. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming Stewart is the only artist?

Thank you for the kind words.... BADASSERY!!!! Yes Stewart did my entire back and he will be doing the front. He did a trace of my front and we will start in March!

- - - Updated - - -

@Reyeslv Man that looks awesome. What's the plan for the thighs?

Mask on the left side and Skull on the right with Stewart's signature. Cherry blossoms throughout.

- - - Updated - - -

@Reyeslv Man that looks awesome. What's the plan for the thighs?

Thank you!

Got in a session with Henning yesterday at Kings Avenue Manhattan. Haven't seen him in a year and naturally he had a lot of catching up to do on the back piece in comparison to the head start Rubendall has had, haha. It was another 6+ hour session and it was pretty brutal. Side ribs and spine are no fun as you'll see in the pictures and I found myself constantly questioning..."Why am I doing to this myself???" Probably the worst pain I have felt so far getting tattooed. We managed to line and shade the background on my right side and also part of my lower back. I will see Henning again this Friday to line some more feathers and shade in the left side background and maybe finish coloring my koi thigh piece. Strangely ironic that this is marathon week in NYC (The ING NYC Marathon to be exact) because that is what these crammed in LONG sessions feel like. But totally worth it in the end. Enjoy the pics folks.

Doing some drawing to get a feel of what left side will be like come Friday

10575236534_778cdee654_o.jpg

Laying down the background and connecting it to Rubendall's work

10575237594_1c3598c760_o.jpg

A little more close up with a different angle

10575238644_2d7debc22d_o.jpg

Masters watching masters at work: Chris O'donnell and Richard Pinch observing and lending advice to Henning. I was in awe!

10575175365_b9baa5114b_o.jpg

Can't see much from this pic but we got a lot done and I was totally spent. More to come this Friday

10575176345_2eb65e5e4d_o.jpg

Amazing post and pictures!

Having seen the completed* piece in person on Saturday, I have to interject that photos do it no justice at all. It's a truly stunning tattoo, rife with detail, and I'm lucky I got to see it up close.

*Of course, nothing stays "completed" for long on @Reyeslv!

Awesome stuff

That is amazing. Thanks for sharing all the photos. And your coverage makes your naked ass look clothed so I can look at it at work!

- - - Updated - - -

Love that Kuniyoshi print, love that back piece.

@ironchef, your work is becoming more mindblowing by the day. Also, you have great hair.

You know the funny thing is a lot of my buddies are going or already bald. I used to keep my hair really short but decided since I have it, I'll flaunt it, HAHAHA. However my lady has nixed any ideas about growing a ponytail or mullet...

Having seen the completed* piece in person on Saturday, I have to interject that photos do it no justice at all. It's a truly stunning tattoo, rife with detail, and I'm lucky I got to see it up close.

*Of course, nothing stays "completed" for long on @Reyeslv!

Thanks for the shout out! @Stewart Robson put a great amount of detail in that bad boy!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Love that Kuniyoshi print, love that back piece.

Thank you!

You know the funny thing is a lot of my buddies are going or already bald. I used to keep my hair really short but decided since I have it, I'll flaunt it, HAHAHA. However my lady has nixed any ideas about growing a ponytail or mullet...

If you ever do try for that ponytail, be prepared to be called "ma'am" by wait staff. As @hogg and others witnessed this past weekend. Ha!

BTW, your back piece? Daaaayyyyyyummm!!!

- - - Updated - - -

@Reyeslv, I can't wait to see it when you have everything done, the thighs, the front, it's going to be jaw dropping. Didn't see it posted, but what are you planning for the front? Or is that hush hush to keep us all waiting in anticipation? I'm happy to have seen your back in person. It's fantastic!

If you ever do try for that ponytail, be prepared to be called "ma'am" by wait staff. As @hogg and others witnessed this past weekend. Ha!

BTW, your back piece? Daaaayyyyyyummm!!!

- - - Updated - - -

@Reyeslv, I can't wait to see it when you have everything done, the thighs, the front, it's going to be jaw dropping. Didn't see it posted, but what are you planning for the front? Or is that hush hush to keep us all waiting in anticipation? I'm happy to have seen your back in person. It's fantastic!

Thanks @Lance I was looking at reference with Stewart and chose a Samurai fighting a snake. What's funny is at Blackheart they have the drawing on the wall.

This is Chūsenko Teitokuson, the arrow-wounded tiger. This print shows Teitokuson being fatally attacked by a poisonous snake on a mountain path.

So today was my second session with Henning on my backpiece and it was a tough one. Started bright at early at 9:30am at Kings Avenue Long Island. This was probably the most painful and longest tattoo session I've ever had. We both under-estimated the time it would take for Henning to finish lining some additional feathers and to shade in the rest of the background. The first 5 hours were relatively low key. The last two hours were terrifying. I now know I will probably not entertain a torso piece anytime soon as the pain from the ribs was just brutal. This was the first time I considered tapping out but I was able to bare down and we managed to finish. Here are some pics. Color next year for the phoenix. Next session will be with Rubendall in December to put more color into the dragon.

Big thanks to @Killercook76 who dropped by today for moral support and assisted in taking some pics. He showed off his Garver and Hendricks pieces which were AMAZING. Cheers bro!

I love this guy but he "royally" kicked my ass today...

10619505574_18ed8230ea_o.jpg

Added some more feathers and filling in the top

10619478115_18b472dbc9_o.jpg

Background fully shaded

10619477815_f7fcf41859_o.jpg

Right side from Tuesday's session

10619505104_629941255b_o.jpg

Left side from today

10619477885_6cd0d139bd_o.jpg