@Cork looking dope as hell! 5 hour + session...pretty tough brother. Honestly dredding next session of inner thigh and pure cheeks...not until January though. What is Dana's color theme for the project? Snake, etc...

Mike

Funny you should ask. 2 sessions ago when I asked what he was thinking about colors he just said "Cool ones." And that was a solid answer. All I know is that Kongoyasha will be dark blue like he is supposed to be. We haven't decided on anything else yet. I'm leaning toward pinkish lotuses, and his yellow snakes look baddass. I'm 100% open to his suggestions though.

Very nice. Did you ask specifically for that design or just give him free rein?

Thanks, I said I wanted a dragon and skull and left the rest up to him, it came out basically how I pictured in my head, but a thousand times better, haha.

@Ben87 great progress! Love the rock & water flow in the calf area. When are you scheduled next with Filip?

Mike

Thanks man, next session is middle of January, so not long now, will probably finish the dragon off then

flawless mate. All tattooers should pay attention because that is how a tattoo should look.

Thank you mate! Couldn't be happier!

Friday the 13th tattooing at Kings Avenue!!! Sorta...

Short 4 hour session today with Mike Rubendall at Kings Ave in Long Island. It's been freezing cold in NYC and I braved the train ride out to Long Island to continue work on my back piece. Added more color to the dragon. Here's the report. Enjoy!

Alpha Omega original hanging in Rubendall's room. Details and colors are AMAZING!!!

11361637986_e5dd9aefd1_o.jpg

Straddling the chair and about to throwdown:

11361734033_35b1ff2782_o.jpg

And the results from today's work:

11361596755_47b4a29f51_o.jpg

Really digging the vivid colors:

11361638166_fc1d13db2c_o.jpg

Slowly coming together:

11361638076_115472d524_o.jpg

And of course I couldn't go home without grabbing these. I have a copy of the Fingerwave Book which these prints were made for. Saw the original hanging in the shop. LOVE the waves and happy that I own some Rubendall waves on my backside, hahaha

11361596195_83b885a4df_o.jpg

Just incredible, @ironchef. Is the dragon now complete? What's next?

Not just yet. We still have various spikes and the back bone (horns/scales?) the horns on the head, the tongue and teeth, the eyes, some more flames, the pearl/orb and the spikes on the tail end. I'm sure there will also be some touch ups and embellishments as well.

Funny thing, Rubendall had a client in the morning and he was filling in scales on a dragon and then in the afternoon is me and...filling in scales on a dragon. I asked him if it gets tedious or if he just gets tired of seeing the same thing. Mike said he loves it and each one is different. No cutting corners or trying to make due here, just doing what he loves. AMAZING to be part of that creative process.

• 2 weeks later...
28th might be my last session with Rubendall. He thinks we're going to wrap things up in the 6 hours I have booked. I have additional appointment times booked so we'll see. :D

If you do finish it during your next session, with your remaining appointments available are you planning or able or even allowed to start something new? Just thinking. I mean you do have them booked already.

If you do finish it during your next session, with your remaining appointments available are you planning or able or even allowed to start something new? Just thinking. I mean you do have them booked already.

Yes, definitely thinking of a couple of things to start up since I do have the appointments. Depending on how things go, one of the future slots might take a few hours for touch-ups but I'll discuss details with Rubendall.