@Cork DAMN BRO!!! You're moving at a break-neck speed on your back! Looks fantastic! Love the details on the robe!

Trying to set that pace but now it's going to be 6 weeks until another update. Even Dana was lamenting that he might go through Kongo Yasha withdrawal.

@Cork dope ness brother! Saw it on Dana's gram...great progress! Not if for a session with Rodrigo until the 4th, hopefully knock out most of the koi.

Mike

Nice, looking forward to that update. Any idea on colors? I still think the one on the front page that is all black, by Marius Meyer, looks so badass. I'm sure you'll want something brighter though to contrast with the background?

Trying to set that pace but now it's going to be 6 weeks until another update. Even Dana was lamenting that he might go through Kongo Yasha withdrawal.

Nice, looking forward to that update. Any idea on colors? I still think the one on the front page that is all black, by Marius Meyer, looks so badass. I'm sure you'll want something brighter though to contrast with the background?

@Cork Maple leaves in the background to be solid red like the chest & arms. Koi is going to be black with red in the fins. For Oniwakamaru, we have talked since the beginning about keeping it very basic old Japanese color palette.

Mike

Ha Ha, true. Its probably really more me projecting instead of making a tough decision! I have about 7 different ideas and at least 10 people I'd love to do it. When I can whittle that list down, at least on the idea side, I'll be ready. Real life problems over here! ?

The fact I have a p. good reason at the moment to keep a stack of savings doesn't help.

Ha Ha, true. Its probably really more me projecting instead of making a tough decision! I have about 7 different ideas and at least 10 people I'd love to do it. When I can whittle that list down, at least on the idea side, I'll be ready. Real life problems over here!

The fact I have a p. good reason at the moment to keep a stack of savings doesn't help.

Thanks man! Tell us about the 7 ideas and 10 tattooers you want your backpiece from!! :)

The dream list, in no particular order:

Seth Wood, James Tex, Matthew Gordon, Rubendall (how could you not?), Theo Mindell, Horiyasu (would love a sword as well) Chris O'Donnell, Dean Sacred, Geordie Cole, Jeff Gogue... And on and on...

(Having made this list it realized how flippant 10 was, it's probably more like 20!)

The dream list, in no particular order:

Seth Wood, James Tex, Matthew Gordon, Rubendall (how could you not?), Theo Mindell, Horiyasu (would love a sword as well) Chris O'Donnell, Dean Sacred, Geordie Cole, Jeff Gogue... And on and on...

(Having made this list it realized how flippant 10 was, it's probably more like 20!)

You sound like a hyper 5 year old naming his favorite candy. Love the enthusiasm!

The ideas list is a little more divided, but generally is around animals, again in no order:

-Bear (maybe two headed to be on trend ?, maybe fighting something else)

-Octopus (To add to the list of artists, the ones I've seen Andre Malcolm do are insane.)

-Giant, mostly black, Ryukoi. (Inspired by the Horiyoshi 3 carp in Tattootime.)

-Dragon

-Big ol Reaper!

-Battle Royale (with cheese)

-traditional nautical themed back, with some framing.

Maybe just a bear/octopus/dragon battle royale is the best way to go...

And here we are again :)

Today/tonight was the 4th session, this time 3 hours, I could have gone longer but my artist needed to pick up a guest artist from the airport.

Anyway we still made good progress, my other side is now completely shaded as is my right left. Next session we are going to do the rest of the shading on my left leg, and on my ass (ouch! : ) ) and put some black in the clothing, and then we're done with the black and its onto color!

IMG_7830_zpsdf32067d.jpg

IMG_7831_zpse2a054dd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's amazing to see so many good back pieces in this thread. I am just at the start of this process. Arranged some time that I can get off work to go and have a consultation. A little over 2 weeks til that and then we will see where it goes from there. Right now though it is an equally exciting and terrifying prospect.

It's amazing to see so many good back pieces in this thread. I am just at the start of this process. Arranged some time that I can get off work to go and have a consultation. A little over 2 weeks til that and then we will see where it goes from there. Right now though it is an equally exciting and terrifying prospect.

That's a great (and to some extent overwhelming) feeling! You mind sharing who you're consulting with, and/or what you're planning on getting?

Yeah for sure @Iwar. I am gonna go talk to Ian Flower at New Skool Tattoo in Surrey in the hope of getting a full dragon back piece. I've always wanted one and after he did a grammophone on my ribs and Dragon-Koi half sleeve a couple of years ago I decided that when it came time to start my back it had to be him to do it. He has done some amazing back pieces recently and they just make the whole idea more exciting

Battered and bruised! Had my first session on my back with Chris over at Kings Ave this past Thursday. I managed to get through 4 hours to complete the basic outline with the exception of the hair on the severed heads. Saving that for the next session along with the remaining background. I'm super excited to continue to work on this and see it progress over time as this is what I've been busting my hump at work for the past year now and it's absolutely completely worth it.

photo1_zpse875be7d.jpg