@Hospitelli Awesome hell scene. I love when the big deities split legs down either side of the butt, it just fits so damn well.

@DevilMan I feel your pain! Both butt cheeks in one sitting is no fun. I hope you're at least enjoying leaving ink behind on every toilet seat you sit down on.

@MikeL So black! That is going to be very classic looking once it's wrapped up. I'm really enjoying Rodrigo's style so far from what I've seen.

@Cork thanks brother! Never enough black...one more session to go to finish tail. Should be able to knock out the tail and all the maple leaves on the 18th. After that I am not able to go to the end of June...too many family events in May and beginning of June...but only a few left to go. When is your next session with Dana?

Mike

I'm currently in the process of finishing a backpiece and have decided to continue with my arms straight away. As the same artist will be doing the work I am considering joining the backpiece with the arm tattoos. Any thoughts on this? The alternative would of course be to do the arms separately and have a space in between, but I quite like the idea of full coverage around the shoulder area.

So, you guys who have both back and arms covered, have you joined everything together or kept it separate? All thoughts welcome.

So a follow-on to my concern re: background versus blowout on the fish. It was a fair amount of blowout. He said his goal was cover a large amount of space and since the outline of the fish wasn't intended to be a clean perfect outline and he knew there would be shading and darker sea/coral blending in up to it, he just drove a hard line and moved on. On ribs below my armpit on my lily-white middle-aged thin skin ouch. He said if that fish was to have no background with a perfect outline, he would have had me laying down on a table (instead of sitting in a massage chair) and taken a lot more time with it. So that makes sense - with the quality of work he did on the fine details of the snake and clownfish and especially the snake outline, I was surprised at this fish outline. But time/detail tradeoff detail makes sense to me, being a clueless client and all.

Thanks for your encouragement, suggestions, virtual hand-holding, eye-rolling, etc. And the sea panther will always be a "go to" in case things get ugly :-)

And now back to your regularly-scheduled program.

I'm currently in the process of finishing a backpiece and have decided to continue with my arms straight away. As the same artist will be doing the work I am considering joining the backpiece with the arm tattoos. Any thoughts on this? The alternative would of course be to do the arms separately and have a space in between, but I quite like the idea of full coverage around the shoulder area.

So, you guys who have both back and arms covered, have you joined everything together or kept it separate? All thoughts welcome.

I've never seen a space purposely left between a back piece and sleeves. I can't even imagine what it would look like.

Ladies and Gentleman, we've got (some) color :cool:

Tonight we managed to do a 3.5 hour session of mostly greens and red.

IMG_7912_zps2128fad5.jpg

Unfortunatly we can't continue until the end of may... A six week break after 3 months of bi-weekly sessions... how am I going to survive that?! :p

Incredible!

This thread is so fucking awesome! Just got a couple hours done with Grime on friday and Saturday on my way home I stopped by State of Grace and ran into @cvportagee mid back piece session with Jill Bonny. Nice to see you bud!

It was nice to see you again as well. If not sooner I will see you again at the bay area convention. I also have to say your back is amazing and I can't wait to see it when its finished.

It was nice to see you again as well. If not sooner I will see you again at the bay area convention. I also have to say your back is amazing and I can't wait to see it when its finished.

And your back too? Have you posted pics in this thread?