@ThatGuy - I love when I gawk at awesome shit on IG and then find out it's on a poster! Totally worth the nausea. :)

I am not sure if I ever posted my completed back on here. Done by Stephanie Tamez at Saved in Brooklyn, from summer 2012 to summer 2013. I loved the journey and love the tattoo(s?) and it feels like it's been on my back forever. The map was my first ever tattoo from a long long time ago that we worked around, although she pumped it up a bit to integrate it into the larger composition.

Sick helmet. How many sessions in are you now?

that is 5 sessions. I'm so stoked with the progress and I'm determined to save any extra money to go up and get this finished. I couldn't be happier with it :)

- - - Updated - - -

@ThatGuy - I love when I gawk at awesome shit on IG and then find out it's on a poster! Totally worth the nausea. :)

I am not sure if I ever posted my completed back on here. Done by Stephanie Tamez at Saved in Brooklyn, from summer 2012 to summer 2013. I loved the journey and love the tattoo(s?) and it feels like it's been on my back forever. The map was my first ever tattoo from a long long time ago that we worked around, although she pumped it up a bit to integrate it into the larger composition.

very beautiful...

- - - Updated - - -

Almost done

dude, SO FUCKING SICK!!

@Bunny Switchblade it was a pleasure to meet you and your husband yesterday. Again, sorry I wasn't a great conversationalist, I thought I'd be doing better off than how I really was!

It was great to meet you too.....and no worries at all.......it looked pretty intense and Dana was doing a lot of heavy coverage! Can't imagine that was too pleasant!

Blue sessions are always draining for me... Last time my skin just wouldn't take the blue colour in.. had to ink and re-ink the area 3 times and it still required correction, ugh...

Is this something that's common? I only had one session on my back fall out - it was some mid- and lighter blues of jellyfish, but not as dark as the blue for @Cork. It needs a re-do, although it didn't have all the layers on top of it anyway so not a big deal. I did have a lot of deep dark blues last time, and they settled in fine.

Here's the results of my first sitting for my crane and peonies back piece with Richard Pinch in Aberdeen. I'm delighted with it. It's a bit peely still (sitting was last Thursday) but seems to be healing nicely. As you can see, he made a start on the shading, and there's colour to add too, and it's going to be extended downwards over my bum in time.

- - - Updated - - -

Ack, that's tiny! Oh well, you get the idea. And hello, everyone, by the way!

@misterJ Thank you! Well, it was quite a long sitting - I just managed 7 hours. Shop was open another hour and Richard had noticed he'd missed one of the crane's talons - you can see two little lines sticking out of the back of its front leg - and wanted to go back to it, but I had utterly had enough by then. He was just relentless.

I was gonna say mine was like 6ish and we barely completed outline. So

I'm gonna assume I'm a lot taller than you :)

Missing things happen on the first pass. My second session was a lot of marker work and mumbling hmmmm let's add this. Then the needle :)

@Cork that blue is looking insane! Congrats. Got a call on Friday from the shop and Rodrigo had a cancellation on Sunday...so I jumped on it. This was my first true session of color since my arms, chest, and background we have only used black or red. Today was mostly red & old olive green. Wife grab a few pics when she took off the bandages...kind of beat up & bloody though. Try to get some up pics up in a few days.

Mike