Because this thread makes me kinda jealous, I don't check it as much as I should.

@DevilMan I like the fox a lot the way it is. There's a lot going on in that piece, and that lets it breathe a bit.

@misterJ I can't wait to see how this progresses.

@MikeL I feel like I missed some progress shots along the way, and I love how it's coming together. Pretty burly and super readable. I love it. Remind me, who is doing it?

I agree with everyone else so far @DevilMan The fox looks great. Your skin is a perfect pale white so it makes it look like the foxes breast is done. That's supposed to be a compliment..... haha.

@misterJ Not moving for 2.5 hours is a good sitting. Hopefully you ride that excitement all the way til the end and you don't start to get worn down. Great to hear that you're going to the thighs. Solid decision.

@MikeL Now that I can see the bigger resolution, I can see why he's not keen on keeping the olive as is. Brightening that up with some other green will certainly add a little flavor. I love those robe designs.

@Cork

thanks, and this is something I never pictured saying to another guy. looking at your butt makes me nervous. The way Rubendall has been packing in solid ass black, I can only imagine how brutal it's going to be below the waist. I don't know if I will go simple extension of the background with maybe a flower or two, or add some more features. He said my thighs and butt are roughly another half back piece so I think that leaves me open for some serious options.

@misterJ thanks man! Looking forward to seeing progress with you back piece. Go to the thighs and don't look back. By the way...thought the area around the love handle area hummed a little more than the area you are worried about. Just make sure he uses a rotary so you don't hear it coming :)

@suburbanxcore thank you brother! Some of my progress shots are in the thread but not all of them.

Rodrigo Melo of Northstar Tattoo NYC is doing the work.

@Cork next round of green should put it on point...can't wait! Kept the patterns to the minimum, colors as few as possible, and strong.

Mike

@MikeL I really like your backpiece! Really bold and strong, and very readable, great work!

Btw, I hope we don't enter the monthly contest in the same month, I would like to win once :)

As for my 'blank' fox, I'm really okay with it as is, it looks good as a whole... and my artist wants it to be this way... who am I to argue ;-)

I'm already thinking about the period after next weeks (last) session.... no more bi-weekly appointments, no more pain, no more healing... I'm sure going to miss these last six months :)

Reading this thread and the other back piece threads makes waiting for February 2015 even more difficult! Still have plenty of time to flip flop on ideas...

I'm pumped. Love new work. I think you have said before but would you mind sharing your current ideas?

Oh god why does no one lie to me!

Ha! Because it's so much better to get started knowing you are going to get TORCHERED and then being relieved that it's really only just terrible, then to go in thinking it might be pretty bad and finding out it's REALLY TERRIBLE.

Finished up my left side. Background is down to a big wave in the middle of

My butt and a few windbars on my right armpit.

Yeah, you say that, but you must be forgetting you said you were going down to the thighs!