@Graeme After people talking about your back... but not seeing a picture of it here, I was wondering where it was posted. I finally caught up on the latest tattoo lowdown thread because I was away last week, and now I see it! It looks so good. Just with lines that tiger has character.

Thanks! I love what we've done so far, and that's just the start. I kind of wish it wasn't on my back so I could actually see it!

Hung out with my buddy Joe today. He's like a mentor, older brother, super cool uncle all rolled into one. Joe's responsible for introducing me to Henning and putting me on the path of my ongoing tattoo journey. For fun we snapped off this pic of our Henning backpieces. Both our sleeves are also by Henning. Joe has awesome work from Tin Tin, Aaron Bell and Mike Rubendall as well. Enjoy!

14766503146_cc664e2b47_o.jpg

Thanks @Cork Yeah I have to say I am pretty over the arse and thighs at the moment. I am dealing with the pain of the tattooing ok just sick of the healing side of things. Sitting on 1 side of arse, limping around at work, hovering over the toilet etc.

Hopefully only about 2 more sessions of shading and an additional chunk of outline work on right thigh (due to an old tattooing not fading as well as the rest) and we will be returning to the back for colour which will be healing heaven. :)

Thanks @hogg I am in awe of how it is turning out. Like you said the pain is worth it. I still enjoy it when you get home after a session and wash all the crud and shit off the new work and see the art progressing. For me that is about a 2-3 hour drive so by that time I am ready to see the latest progress. Is what keeps me going knowing that it looks great 1/2 done so imagine what it will look like when complete.

The thing I love about serious work like a backpiece is that everyone who gets them doesn't do it on a whim and is prepared to commit to a big undertaking. They do the research, they spend the time and work out the artist best suited for them and the style of work they want. Because of all that research that they get an awesome piece of art.

I have said it in previous post and will say it again, Since I have started my backpiece I now have alot more respect for people that get extensive work.

Having had my backpiece for a few months now, I gotta to say that I keep loving it more and more. I wanted to get one for years, and I'm so glad that I finally said "fuck it" and went ahead.

The only downside is that I have to keep looking at photos of myself to get a proper view of it. Can't wait to start filling up areas that I can actually see myself.

Here is a recent photo from my holiday in Ibiza.

k2dqC8p.jpg