Young tattooers currently killin' it!

cltattooing

I like to see you young guns pumping out traditional work. And they are killin' it. Someone has got to keep it going.

Rob

One of my best buds tattoos out of plattsbugh NY. His name is Andrew Stortz. you should check him out since you live 6 hours south. He travels a lot so you could catch him a little closer i am sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the pleasure of working alongside Austin this last summer in Provincetown, Mass. he's a great dude that does killer work.

Wendy Pham's work is always blowing my mind.

also, Richard Smith and Zac Scheinbaum are two seriously killer NYC artists. would love work from either. great thread.

Richard Smith did this cool ass reaper on my thigh, and he can't be older than 25 or 26. As a 24 year old, I enjoy getting tattooed by people close to my age. When he put this on me he said he had been tattooing for two and a half years.

NFcjeVE.jpg?2

I need to amend my earlier post to say that Rich apparently just turned 30. Oh well, still young.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anthony Tex at Deadly Tattoos in Calgary, Canada is a pretty rad artist. I think he's 21 or 22 and has been tattooing for a few years. His dad is James Tex (who is fucking phenomenal) so he's obviously had amazing tutoring for the techniques, on top of his obvious natural ability in art.

Here's his instagram

Instagram

And here's the shop link for Deadly

Deadly Tattoos inc.

• 2 months later...
That's how you do a fucking portrait! Bold outlines and shading, yet still captures the essence and life of the character it depicts.

Really inspiring some looking at some of these younger Tattooers work.

Only problem is when he said this in the episode he already had his goatee. Maybe they will have to add some hair to his chin.post-51117-146168871761_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Damn... ^ that dude fuckin rocks!

Pat Whiting? If so, I agree. I've connected with him on IG and he seems super humble. Gives lots of respect to his teacher and engages with people. I remember him posting his first tattoo (it was a month or two before my first) and being pretty blown away. He seems to be a young, natural talent.