Top ten record of 2013

suburbanxcore

Friend of the forum, Jon Loudon, ladies and gentleman. Haha.

I'm just going to do a top 6, because I hate basically everything.

1. Touche Amore - Is Survived By

2. Deafheaven - Sunbather

3. Mark Kozelek x Desert shore - S/T

4. Russian Circles - Memorial

5. Comadre - S/T

6. Self Defense Family - Try Me

He's a magical fella. And you've got good taste. Haha.

As of right now (in no particular order):

Sigur Ros - Kveikur

QOTSA - Like Clockwork

Paramore - S/T

letlive. - The Blackest Beautiful

Dillinger Escape Plan - One Of Us Is The Killer

Deafheaven - Sunbather

Daylight - Jar

Balance and Composure - The Things We Think We're Missing

Alice In Chains - The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here

The National - Trouble Will Find Me

He's a magical fella. And you've got good taste. Haha.

Sorry for any confusion, Jon's an incredible dude.

Your taste in music isn't so bad yourself!

- - - Updated - - -

What, nobody's brining any red house painters to the party?

When I saw Mark earlier this year he said "this isn't fucking Bauhaus, I'm not playing 20 year old music"

Carcass, deltron, blame one, wolf people, tech itch, blood ceremony, yeahyeahyeahs , Mogwai, Steve mason, nin, ministry, amorphous androgynous , jello Biafra, kverlertak, all awesome it's been a great music year. Honourable mentions also go to black sabbath, rush , and Motörhead too!

Carcass, deltron, blame one, wolf people, tech itch, blood ceremony, yeahyeahyeahs , Mogwai, Steve mason, nin, ministry, amorphous androgynous , jello Biafra, kverlertak, all awesome it's been a great music year. Honourable mentions also go to black sabbath, rush , and Motörhead too!

I played them first 2 blood ceremony albums a bunch this year as well. Haven't gotten the new one yet. Also nice to know someone else has heard of amorphous androgynous. Haha

I played them first 2 blood ceremony albums a bunch this year as well. Haven't gotten the new one yet. Also nice to know someone else has heard of amorphous androgynous. Haha

I saw Blood Ceremony opening for Pagan Altar about three years ago and I really wasn't into them, but I always hear people who I trust about music talking about them. I should give them another listen.

This thread made me listen to Red House Painters. I forget that I really like them.

I saw Blood Ceremony opening for Pagan Altar about three years ago and I really wasn't into them, but I always hear people who I trust about music talking about them. I should give them another listen.

This thread made me listen to Red House Painters. I forget that I really like them.

Well here's what I'll say about blood ceremony, the flute can be off-putting to lots of folks. The second album I like even a bit more than the first one. I was listening to a lot of real retro sounding stuff like orchid, witchcraft and the early pentagram stuff so it fit real nice into a set with those.

I'd say yo check out jex thoth also.

Well here's what I'll say about blood ceremony, the flute can be off-putting to lots of folks. The second album I like even a bit more than the first one. I was listening to a lot of real retro sounding stuff like orchid, witchcraft and the early pentagram stuff so it fit real nice into a set with those.

I'd say yo check out jex thoth also.

Yeah, I like all that stuff so Blood Ceremony is totally in my area of interest. I'll check out that second album to begin with I think and give it an honest listen.

I've been meaning to check out Jex Thoth because I really like what she did with Sabbath Assembly. If you haven't heard them, check them out. I only have the first album but it's really cool retro-y psych with her on vocals. They're playing hymns from the Process Church's hymn book. Integrity it isn't.

In that vein too, I really love The Devil's Blood though they are sadly no more.

Yeah, I like all that stuff so Blood Ceremony is totally in my area of interest. I'll check out that second album to begin with I think and give it an honest listen.

I've been meaning to check out Jex Thoth because I really like what she did with Sabbath Assembly. If you haven't heard them, check them out. I only have the first album but it's really cool retro-y psych with her on vocals. They're playing hymns from the Process Church's hymn book. Integrity it isn't.

In that vein too, I really love The Devil's Blood though they are sadly no more.

I want that sabbath assembly stuff, I've only gotten to hear it via youtube. Same goes for the totem stuff she did.

I've listened to the devils blood a few times, sometimes I find that I like it and other times I can't seem to get into it. I think its mainly the gal's vocals that put me off a first. I'm sure if I get to give it a proper listen of a whole album that won't be an issue.

Edit- ok just played a couple tracks and I don't know why I ever didn't like them. Haha

Hmmm.... I think I've barely listened to any albums from this year, so I suppose they're all in my top 10.

(in no particular order)

VNV Nation - "Transnational"

Kvelertak - "Meir"

Golden Gardens - "Narcissus"

Modern Life Is War - "Fever Hunting"

Actually, I'll say that MLIW is my #1 pick without a doubt.

I also listened to the new Mindless Self Indulgence, but I can safely say that it did not make it into my Top 10 releases.