6) Tomahawk – Oddfellows

7) Red Hare – Nites of Midnight

8) Killer Mike & El-P – Run the Jewels

9) Prodigy & Alchemist – Albert Einstein

10) Atoms for Peace – Amok

11) Dumb Numbers – Dumb Numbers

12) Big Business – Battlefields Forever

13) Jesu – Everyday I Get Closer to the Light from Which I Came

Hmmm.... I think I've barely listened to any albums from this year, so I suppose they're all in my top 10.

(in no particular order)

VNV Nation - "Transnational"

Kvelertak - "Meir"

Golden Gardens - "Narcissus"

Modern Life Is War - "Fever Hunting"

Actually, I'll say that MLIW is my #1 pick without a doubt.

I also listened to the new Mindless Self Indulgence, but I can safely say that it did not make it into my Top 10 releases.

I didn't realize that Cultes Des Ghoules album Henbane came out this year; I thought I was last year. MY B.

Please add that to the above list.

@HaydenRose

"I am a god

So hurry up with my damn massage

In a French-ass restaurant

Hurry up with my damn croissants"

The man is the poet laureate of our generation.

@Graeme

Never saw 'em live. MBV was one of the best shows I ever saw -- back in the '90s. (The LSD helped.) Not so crazy about the new album so it didn't make the cut. Disappointing after a twenty year wait.

I also really need to check out this EL-P and Killer Mike record. Everyone I've heard mention it raves about it.

If you do, I doubt you'll be able to listen to kanye stuff anymore. El-p has been relentlessly producing some of the best music for the last decade. Check out cannibal ox and some of vast aire's solo stuff too. He's an innovative lyricist.

Even better -- they're giving it away for free! EL-P + KILLER MIKE = RUN THE JEWELS

I don't know why I have a soft spot for Kanye. He's like an idiot savant, but a smart one. Yes, he's a total jackass but that adds to the weird mystique, I think. For sure he's been listening to Death Grips. I like the rawness and that he's trying to make Art with a capital A -- unlike say Jay-Z who's just putting out more "product" for the masses.

If you do, I doubt you'll be able to listen to kanye stuff anymore. El-p has been relentlessly producing some of the best music for the last decade. Check out cannibal ox and some of vast aire's solo stuff too. He's an innovative lyricist.

To be honest, I'm not really a huge Kanye guy at all, but I kinda liked how Twisted Fantasty was just so over the top. Lots of crazy ass, huge songs and killer guest spots. To be honest, he was one of the weaker rappers on there. I'm not huge into hip hop, but that's not typically my style at all.

I used to listen to Cannibal Ox when I went through a kinda underground hip hop phase in college, but I haven't listened to a lot of that in forever. I should dig out my old hard drive.

And yeah, @DJDeepFried, I just saw that album was up for free. I grabbed it last night but haven't had time to listen yet.