Horrendous infection.

On a different note, I personally don't think the infection has anything to do with the tattoo. Now I'm no doctor, far from it, but from the little I saw it didn't look like the tattoo was fresh, plus I think it's more likely that the uploader just described it as that to "salt it up" a little, if you know what I mean. I highly doubt that "Crazy Shit" is a youtube channel made up of health practitioners and professionals too, but that's just an uneducated guess on my part.

On a different note, I personally don't think the infection has anything to do with the tattoo. Now I'm no doctor, far from it, but from the little I saw it didn't look like the tattoo was fresh, plus I think it's more likely that the uploader just described it as that to "salt it up" a little, if you know what I mean. I highly doubt that "Crazy Shit" is a youtube channel made up of health practitioners and professionals too, but that's just an uneducated guess on my part.

My thoughts exactly, seemed to be no signs of infection around what appears to be an old tattoo. Horrible whatever if was.

Personally, I dont believe that is from a tattoo infection. Also, I feel truly, deeply sorry for the man who had to go through that. Basically what was coming out of his back was dead and liquified tissue. Poor man

Looked like it should be a Bounty commercial.... way gnarly. Beats my biggest zit story by a mile.

Looks like the doc was fishing for something as well... I'm sure it had nothing at all to do with the tattoo. Looked it up on Snopes... nada.

Rob

I cannot see how that could be a tattoo-related infection. I don't know of anyone that would stick their fingers into your back/stomach/whatever to "dig out" an infection like that? I'm calling it a hoax in the interest of remaining skeptical. Is there a medical professional on the forum that could lend some insight here? There's not much that can turn my stomach, but this managed to do so!

• 2 weeks later...

He was digging around inside the wound to break up any pockets of puss...don't want to leave an undrained collection because it will just reaccumulate. Unfortunately I know this from first hand experience...drained many of these during my internship...the smell is unreal...we would coat the inside of our masks with peppermint oil

He was digging around inside the wound to break up any pockets of puss...don't want to leave an undrained collection because it will just reaccumulate. Unfortunately I know this from first hand experience...drained many of these during my internship...the smell is unreal...we would coat the inside of our masks with peppermint oil

Not to totally change the subject, but does the peppermint oil work better than Vicks for smells? I ask b/c my husband is a police officer and had to swing by the house yesterday for the Vicks and he felt like he could still smell things, hours after, and wondered if the Vicks held the smell in or something.

So I have decided not to look at the video but from what I'm reading and the cover image for the vid it sounds like a really bad (brown recluse?) spider bite.

A poskibility.... anything I read about those bites was not good. I got a bad-enough spider bite a few years back, went to the doctor and got a series of shots, tetanus, steroid, antibiotic. It left a big welt over my eyebrow that took a few weeks to go down and months before it faded away.

- - - Updated - - -

My wife had a cyst on her shoulder blade for years, it was big then got small and almost disappeared. Then it came back and became painful. So she saw a doctor and he said it was infected and had to drain first before he could remove it. He makes an incision and guess who had to squeeze it to drain every morning for 5 days? Then he opened the incision and pulled out the sac... bad enough.

Rob

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...