Hand Tattoos

graybones

@rozone...your hand tattoos are so beautiful it makes my heart hurt.

I wish I could get the classic above-the-thumbs-these-hands-will-fly-swallows, one on each hand. But aside from entertaining the idea of pursuing certain careers, I don't feel I am tough enough to deserve them. Not yet, anyway.

And I remember when Tim Hendricks did that hand ROA. It would be a great and fascinating way to sneak in an ROA (on one) and a Pharoah's horses (on the other) without losing too much prime real estate elsewhere...I love that idea as well. Sigh...

• 2 weeks later...

Love hand and neck/throat tattoos, am fascinated by them. Last time I was in getting tattooed while my tattooist was doodling on my leg we chatted. He said he can see me getting my neck/throat and hands done. He laughed at my look, he said he can tell the type. I wouldn't mind getting my hands done. Though it will be probably when I retire and only after I have full sleeves done, as love the look of hand tattoos that flow down from full sleeves. Only 20odd years away then lol

• 3 weeks later...
Hand tattoos are my absolute favourites to look at, but it'll be a while before i'm ready for them.

Someone I used to work with got his hand tattooed (with nothing on his arms), and as soon as they were healed realised it was a stupid decision for him and started having them lasered. He got offended when I laughed at his pain :p

hands tattoo without sleeve done that's quite a bad thing to do imo! Most of artists should refuse to do this #ethics

Hmmm.... Like three-four years back or something? I'm pretty sure I was one booth over, getting tattooed by Chad K, while you got this. I remember seeing it. Great tattoo!!

Oh yes! Good memory! Back in 2012, there was the Spider Murphy Crew on one side and Chad Koeplinger/Stevie Edge on the other side! Good times! Thank you! What did you get at the time?

Oh yes! Good memory! Back in 2012, there was the Spider Murphy Crew on one side and Chad Koeplinger/Stevie Edge on the other side! Good times! Thank you! What did you get at the time?

Right on! I got this fun little Geisha that he had pre drawn from some old Hardy flash.

4B666F01-30BA-4AE8-9080-C3CE1D2DB0DA-506-000000AA87A81545.jpg

I was even representing LST whilst getting it, haha!

A7E05794-50E5-4027-87AA-F80BCEBBA9BA-506-000000D4DC1547D0.jpg

• 1 month later...
Great hand tattoos!

Can't remember if I've posted mine here, so fuck it, just in case I haven't.

[ATTACH]12248[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12249[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12250[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12251[/ATTACH]

Wow nice! I would have liked to go that detailed on my lower knuckles but I assumed they wouldn't heal well. Yours look great.

• 9 months later...

A bit amusing...I'm reading my lengthy post above from 18 months ago...now I've got tattoos creeping the cuff and onto the hands. Things change, tattooing is fluid!

here's my newish dragon fist:

12627922_1554054864908165_537196932_n.jpg

and here's a an artsy selfie of my dragon fist - dragon fly and dragon eyes ! for your viewing pleasure

12552356_1100990369933993_1664845225_n.jpg

see guys! i got lots of space left...maybe squinch in some tudor roses on the hands in the future

thank you @kimkong :)

I had this weird gap between my chest and stomach and then I was reminded of the image during a vinyl crate dig when the tattoo-lightbulb went off. The reference is from Bunny Wailer's Solomonic record label and I'm a pretty big reggae-head so I was pretty drawn to the imagery. A bit of a spin on the classic traditional tattoo eyes or the buddha eyes. I'm pretty happy with the outcome - different, gritty, hypnotizing and goes with the different dragons on my hands and ribs. I may go get them re-lined to pop them a bit.

bunny-wailer-rise-shine-solomonic-dub-solomonic-dub-store-jap-12--10005-p.jpg

All-time favorite is on a friend of mine, mostly because of how silly it is. What do gorillas think about? Bananas, duh. By Drew Rash.

drewrashgorila.jpg

Additionally, here are three I've seen on Instagram recently that I've loved.

Another Tim Hendricks. Squeezing a readable ROA on there blows my mind.

timhendricks.jpg

Grez. Does it get better than classic roses on a hand?

grez.jpg

Grime. And to totally tweak out the classic rose, a rose skull morph.

grime.jpg

That black&grey piece is gnarly

thank you @kimkong :)

I had this weird gap between my chest and stomach and then I was reminded of the image during a vinyl crate dig when the tattoo-lightbulb went off. The reference is from Bunny Wailer's Solomonic record label and I'm a pretty big reggae-head so I was pretty drawn to the imagery. A bit of a spin on the classic traditional tattoo eyes or the buddha eyes. I'm pretty happy with the outcome - different, gritty, hypnotizing and goes with the different dragons on my hands and ribs. I may go get them re-lined to pop them a bit.

bunny-wailer-rise-shine-solomonic-dub-solomonic-dub-store-jap-12--10005-p.jpg

That rules!!