Hello :)

Aevitas

Hi everyone, my name is Jaime and I'm from Ohio, living in Kentucky. I'm 27, and currently only have 3 tattoos(2 of which need to be fixed/covered) but I'm looking to get more, which brings me to why I'm here. My nana(grandmother) passed away just under 2 weeks ago, and I want my next tattoo to be for her. I've looked around online and found some pretty cool ideas, but I would like for this tattoo to be completely original. While I am an artist(photographer) my drawing skills are severely lacking :( So I've been trying to find someone who has the skills to take my thoughts(and examples) and run with it to make an incredible, totally original piece of art. Does anyone on here do this kind of thing? And what should I expect to be charged for it?

Hi Jaime, welcome to LST. Can you post up some pics of what you have already, it's always good place to start.

Really sorry to hear about your Grandmother, I know how you feel.

People here can sure help you with ideas and give you some creative input, but the best thing to do is to take your ideas to an artist of your choice. Most artists would prefer to tattoo their own drawings, but can make your ideas come to life designing you an aesthetically pleasing unique piece of art.

Ask yourself what style of art you are looking for then do your research on artists who can replicate that style.

I'll be able to post some pics of my own tattoos later, my girlfriend is out doing a shoot with one of her clients at the moment, so I'm without my camera. Not to mention 2 of the 3 are in locations hard to photograph on my own, lol.

Thank you :) I've been taking it hard(I was closer to her than I am to anyone else in my family), but it's already getting easier to handle(most of the time), she had an aggressive breast cancer and was in pain most of the time, but she didn't suffer for long, which has been a great comfort to all of us despite the fact that none of us were prepared to let her go just yet.

I'll have to do a bit more research on local artists, I've had some trouble finding an artist in the area that I actually WANT to tattoo me, never mind actually designing the tattoo :/ The 2 tats I've got that need to be fixed/covered were both done in the tri-state area by different artists at different establishments and I've never been pleased with either one, the 3rd would be nice, with a little shading/color(it's currently just a line drawing)

My taste in tattoos, like my taste in music(and books/movies/photography/etc. LOL) is VERY eclectic.

Well in that case, take a look around the forum and the gallery see what people are getting upto. Take in as much info as you can.

Seeing as you haven't had the best tattoos so far by your own admission, take your time as your next one seems like it will mean a lot to you. Do your research and find some inspiration. See you around the forums. :cool:

• 4 weeks later...