Hi Everyone!

AwakenTD

My name is Elad and I'm from Israel :) I'm 24 y/o and I started getting tattooed about a year ago.

I have 3 pieces by now (which I'll upload to my profile shortly) and plan on getting many more over time. I'm currently interested in Traditional style tattoos and I'm working on filling up my left arm.

I've been browsing this website extensively over the last two weeks and watched many of the interviews and already feel that I've learned a lot.

I feel blessed to have found this site and look forward to participate!

It's very easy to get tattooed in the major cities, especially in Tel Aviv as there are shops all around, and it's becoming more popular and acceptable in recent years, just like in the rest of the world I guess. That being said, it is pretty rare to see heavily tattooed people.

I feel only the older generations and strict religious people hold stigmas about tattoos. I personally have a pretty big and visible arm tattoo and I've gotten some stares but no negative comments so far :)

I think that Yoni Zibler, from New York Adorned, goes over there and tattoos sometimes. I love his work.

I don't recall where I heard it but Yoni Zilber may have even apprenticed under Avi Vanunu. Yoni's tattoos are absolutely beautiful. I need to make plans to get tattooed by him.

I don't recall where I heard it but Yoni Zilber may have even apprenticed under Avi Vanunu. Yoni's tattoos are absolutely beautiful. I need to make plans to get tattooed by him.

You definitely should get tattooed by him. His Tibetan work would look really nice along side the Hooper stuff you have. You gotta get yourself over to see Tom Yak as well.

You definitely should get tattooed by him. His Tibetan work would look really nice along side the Hooper stuff you have. You gotta get yourself over to see Tom Yak as well.

Yeah, the plan is to have my right forearm done by him with some sort of Tibetan motif, possibly a dragon. Right now it's just a matter of figuring out travel and timing and what not given that my tattoo priority at the moment is saving money to start my back in the summer.

I've been super impressed with what I've seen of Tom Yak's work, and my wife really wants to get tattooed by Robert Ryan (so do I for that matter) so a trip to Electric Tattoo is certainly something we'll eventually do as well.

Sorry to derail your thread @AwakenTD

• 4 weeks later...