Have you ever made an appt not knowing for sure what you want to have done?

iowagirl

I'm waiting for confirmation on an appt tomorrow, so thought I would ask..have you ever made an appt and walked in just w/ideas in your head and nothing concrete? We are off for Christmas break until the 2nd of January and I thought it would be a good time to have something done, and it will be well past the initial sore to the touch stage so there's no worries of the preschoolers climbing on me.

Oh phew, that makes me feel better, thank you! My husband and I were talking yesterday about what we wanted to get for Christmas and I'm like hey...I wonder if they have time...

I wanted to have some script (yes I know what everyone's thoughts are on script! At least it's basically just one line, not a whole paragraph haha) but when I pulled up the picture of my back, and thought about my future plans, I don't think script would work..maybe it would, I dunno. So who knows what it will end up being.

I am happy that you think this crowd is in any way normal!

Well, yanno, normal for *here*...!

He has 4 hours open tomorrow and he said we could just visit about ideas and see what we come up w/. Going to email pics of the flower ideas...I'd like to now switch to black/gray/red, and go from where the flower is on my left upper arm, around the arm, in between the cherry blossoms if possible, across the top of my back, around my frog, and down my other arm to the daisy circlet there. Not sure how it will work, or if it will work.

Maybe just add more cherry blossoms around the arm on that side and other flowers on the other side...sorry, talking out loud here.

I'm waiting for confirmation on an appt tomorrow' date=' so thought I would ask..have you ever made an appt and walked in just w/ideas in your head and nothing concrete? We are off for Christmas break until the 2nd of January and I thought it would be a good time to have something done, and it will be well past the initial sore to the touch stage so there's no worries of the preschoolers climbing on me.[/quote']

My dagger was sort of like that.. When I made the appointment, I had actually stopped to ask about an issue with a previous tattoo and asked about what would be cool in this blank spot. Rays says I can put a dagger in that spot, and I was like when and gimmie a ball park for price and I'll be here.

I think if you dig your tattooer and their style and trust them, I feel like you can get a cool tattoo by letting them have a little say in what you get. I feel like if it's something they really want to tattoo then you get that extra something from the entire exp.

Thanks! I emailed him a picture of my back and a board I made (yeah yeah yeah, pinterest, I know) of flowers and placements etc, asked about doing black/gray maybe red too, so hopefully it's helpful.

He came up w/the cherry blossoms based off a picture I had saved for about 7 years, and I really like them, so fingers crossed!

Thanks! I emailed him a picture of my back and a board I made (yeah yeah yeah' date=' pinterest, I know) of flowers and placements etc, asked about doing black/gray maybe red too, so hopefully it's helpful. He came up w/the cherry blossoms based off a picture I had saved for about 7 years, and I really like them, so fingers crossed![/quote']

Cool, look forward too seeing what you get!

Well, yanno, normal for *here*...!

He has 4 hours open tomorrow and he said we could just visit about ideas and see what we come up w/. Going to email pics of the flower ideas...I'd like to now switch to black/gray/red, and go from where the flower is on my left upper arm, around the arm, in between the cherry blossoms if possible, across the top of my back, around my frog, and down my other arm to the daisy circlet there. Not sure how it will work, or if it will work.

Maybe just add more cherry blossoms around the arm on that side and other flowers on the other side...sorry, talking out loud here.

Well, you do have some idea of what you want so that's very safe. I do the same thing, have a general idea of what I want and where and I work with the artist to make it happen. I do my big tattoos like that and it evolves as the session rolls on.

Rob

My last couple of tattoos have been made under these spontaneous circumstances.

That's how I've ended up with a sweet ugly ass electric eel (sharpied on), a technicolour lizard and a sailor jerry frog.

After getting a lot of "project" tattoos as I call them (bigger multi-sesh pieces) these little random bangers really showed me a flip side of the tattoo experience. I like the excitement, live for the experience...and that adrenaline rush when you get home to the wife and say "uh so yeah i got another tattoo this afternoon"...LOL

Took the wrap off and got it cleaned before bed.

Now, am I imagining things or is there a line missing? On the bottom right as you look at the picture, a line to mark the side of the petal?

It looks great! It fits so well in your shoulder, and the colors are lovely.

I see what you mean about the "missing" line, it looks intentional to me, though. Seems like the outline detail decreases as it moves closer to the light source overall, so it's not out of place to my eyes.

It looks great! It fits so well in your shoulder, and the colors are lovely.

I see what you mean about the "missing" line, it looks intentional to me, though. Seems like the outline detail decreases as it moves closer to the light source overall, so it's not out of place to my eyes.

Agreed about the light source but if it really bothers you it shouldn't be a big deal to have your artist put that line in. It's a really nice looking tattoo.